Step III CCS-question

Started by USMLE0423
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

USMLE0423

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,

I was wondering what it means and also what to subsequently do if someone refuses an intervention/treatment that you order on CCS. Like lets say someone refuses Abx... well, there is no alternative if they have an infection, right? Just wanted some clarification. Thanks
 
Hey,

I was wondering what it means and also what to subsequently do if someone refuses an intervention/treatment that you order on CCS. Like lets say someone refuses Abx... well, there is no alternative if they have an infection, right? Just wanted some clarification. Thanks

Ahaha, glad I wasn't the only one with that scenario.

Hypothetically, there may have been a baby that was vomiting and not eating- refusing breastmilk ,refusing hypoallergenic formula....I tried to order an NG tube and had it refused 😛
 
Ahaha, glad I wasn't the only one with that scenario.

Hypothetically, there may have been a baby that was vomiting and not eating- refusing breastmilk ,refusing hypoallergenic formula....I tried to order an NG tube and had it refused 😛

I had a pt refuse intervention on the real test too... I think it means there's a more conservative treatment that you haven't thought about yet.