CC's vs 4 year colleges

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ClassOf78

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, do pharmacy schools look down on some classes being completed at Community Colleges??

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering, do pharmacy schools look down on some classes being completed at Community Colleges??

The only ones you have to worry about are the ones that specifically indicate. For instance Oregon State specifically says their Micro requirement must be completed as an upper division class. Therefore no CC would be able to fill this requirement. Most requirements though, no they don't really care. If they did I'd never get in because most of my classes are CC.

I depends on the school. I know that University at Buffalo told me that it would look better if I took at least one class at a 4-year school. They just want to make sure that you can do just as well at a 4-year school.They are bias towards Community Colleges because they assume that it's easier at a Community College. Somebody who has a gpa of 3.5 at a 4-year school will compare to someone who has a gpa of 3.7-4.0 at a Community College.

I know that at University at Buffalo, only one or two selected ones got accepted into the PharmD program straight from Community Colleges.

However, St. John Fisher accepted almost all the students who applied from my community college.

So really it depends on the school. I recommend you to meet with the pharmacy school advisor, or to call them and ask the school over phone.