CCS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

3PO

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
CCS cases on the exam are similar to 51 Interactive cases in uworld or the 41 read out cases? please help. exam in a week.

Members don't see this ad.

I did all the interactive ones once, and then read thru like 30 of them again 2 days before my CCS and that was enough to do decent on the CCS

I did all the interactive ones once, and then read thru like 30 of them again 2 days before my CCS and that was enough to do decent on the CCS

I did the ones on the USMLE website with the FRED program, about 10 of the 51 interactive Uworld ones, and I passed with much room to spare, with CCS slightly more than MCQ.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was thinking of doing the 51 cases and reading through Crush. But there are around 120 cases in Crush. Have others done it or is it overkill? I am Psy but have done 6 months off service in Neuro, IM, FM, and Peds. And if you did read it all did you just quickly do so and move on?

It's a fairly quick read as far as board review books go. Each case is only 2 pages and if you conceptually understand whats going on then you may not have to memorize every single detail in the work-up/management.

The thing that I really liked about crush is that it was divided into sections of chief complaints (e.g. chest pain, SOB, fatigue, abdominal pain). So of the 10 cases under chest pain, you see what the starting work-up should be and then where to fork it and actually dx/treat the specific disease process. But the initial work-up is for the most part the same.

And you're guaranteed to get one case each out of most of the broad chief complaint categories.

uWorld was nice for depth and detail of individual cases but I thought Crush developed a much, much better algorithmic approach to the random unknown case. (which not coincidentally is how EM and a lot of real world medicine is practiced).

Reactions: 1 user
It's a fairly quick read as far as board review books go. Each case is only 2 pages and if you conceptually understand whats going on then you may not have to memorize every single detail in the work-up/management.

The thing that I really liked about crush is that it was divided into sections of chief complaints (e.g. chest pain, SOB, fatigue, abdominal pain). So of the 10 cases under chest pain, you see what the starting work-up should be and then where to fork it and actually dx/treat the specific disease process. But the initial work-up is for the most part the same.

And you're guaranteed to get one case each out of most of the broad chief complaint categories.

uWorld was nice for depth and detail of individual cases but I thought Crush developed a much, much better algorithmic approach to the random unknown case. (which not coincidentally is how EM and a lot of real world medicine is practiced).
Thanks for the insight. I will give it a read then. It sounds like it would be helpful in the end. I definitely want to make sure I nail this part.