USMLE ccscases.com

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neuronium

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a ccscases.com software key that is willing to sell to me? Not sure if it would work on another computer though but just asking.
I'm finishing uworld ccs cases first time. Not sure if I should do a second time or go to ccscases.com.
The problem with uworld is, it's not interactive enough, consults always come back as "no further recommendations etc.."
I don't know what's wrong with it. I even tried several combinations of new imagings to get some sort of answer from consult, but nothing.
I listened to the archer videos (newer ones) and know about the aortic dissection repair- cardiothoracic surgery example. Even if do the case by looking at the explanations and order everything that is on the list. Same thing. Frustrating.
I feel like someone needs to tell me how I did after the case. Not sure if ccscases.com is good but I did their samples and they were not bad.

Any insights? oh, also, please remember my first question :)

Thanks

My test in 8 days

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes, absolutely uworld cases pose some problems as they are not exact replica of exam software. This new site ccscases is not great either as they have very poor guidelines for case management, erroneous approaches to case and arbitrary scoring systems which was created on a whim rather than using any scientific basis. Among practice software, uworld is still the best......
Regarding these consult issues, lack of new order sets and order time errors, I have raised this issue with uworld in my other post : USMLE - CCS step 3 Tips and Tricks discussion

If you are truly looking to understand how consultation algorithms and several other approaches work on Step 3 CCS exam software, ********** course is the best. Among the ones I have seen, this is the only course that explains strategies than leaving you on your own to do them and demonstrates the cases on exact software.

In the primum sample cases, you can see even the exam software gives feedback "no further recommendations" if you do not follow ordering sequence to meet the criteria for surgery. You will see that if you did not order CT Chest before requesting surgery consult, the software gives feedback "No further recommendations". However, if you followed the sequence and ordered CT Chest or TEE , advanced the clock to get those results, confirm it's thoracic aorta and then order "surgery consult", same software will say "Patient will be scheduled for surgery"---Archer has demonstrated this brilliantly in dissection of aorta case just by changing the sequence of couple of orders.
I recommend thoroughly following Archer strategies and applying them on exam as well as uworld software. You will see how software responses change when you follow the tricks.

Best of luck!

Thanks a lot. I agree. But despite the corrct algorythm uworld doesn’t give me anyfeedback, only if I ask for surgery than it says patient will be take to surgery. I’ll practice more woth actual aoftware this week.
Thanks

Thanks a lot. I agree. But despite the corrct algorythm uworld doesn’t give me anyfeedback, only if I ask for surgery than it says patient will be take to surgery. I’ll practice more woth actual aoftware this week.
Thanks

Yes, Uworld does not. UWorld acts more like a passive software. There is no other software out there which is as intelligent as USMLE Primum software ( www.usmle.org). This exam software changes it's response based on sequencing. Practicing large number of cases on actual exam software using hypothetical scenarios similar to the way Archer has shown will yield much better results than practicing just on UWorld.
All the best!

Archer is great but not seeing the feedback on the screen and hearing from the guy kind of sucks :)
I guess I'll do archer and official software more, I finished uworld once already, maybe finish second time. Also, archer has some really long old videos, which has very bad sound quality that makes it harder to listen. I guess he has 2-3 new and understandable videos, I'll just focus on them.

Thanks for your answer