Step III CCScases

Started by OGY
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

OGY

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
USMLE makes us to play this game called "CCS". Probably a good idea but execution is poor. I would say "in development". It would be fun if they provided detailed instructions for this game. Unfortunately, I need to guess in many instances. Probably not a big deal but anyway.
I am going through CCScases app. They developed some imitation of the scoring system but I think it is far away from perfect (but gives a nice perspectives, maybe falsely reassuring in some cases), unfortunately they are not interested in a discussion of some small issues like this:


A guy with incontinence after a tree fall. They penalized me for a Foley or a condom catheter (both invasive). Should the guy pee his pants in ED? I order X-ray, CBC, after Cr came normal, ordered CT w contrast and I got penalized for not ordering CT right away. Is it right? Should I go with MRI? but it takes longer...


Case similar to FA76, 62yo woman, with vaginal bleeding and poor-dif. endometrial CA. I got Bx. I consulted Onc/Gyn/Rad. All said OK. After all I was penalized for ordering laparoscopic hysterectomy (invasive)...???
Will PT/PTT and PT/INR give the same result? Do I need to order both? I cheked in FRED PT/PTT has all info from PT/INR + PTT... but CCScases app penalizes for just PT/PTT along...???



I would appreciate your comments. Please, reassure if my comments are correct.

Thanks



TO BE CONTINUED...

I have a version CCS_Cases_PC_3_2_3 (4/15/2018). Facebook page was launched June 28, 2017, so it is about a year and still...
 
Last edited: