CCU vs Cards Consults?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

throwaway1000000

Reaction score
I am a fourth year med student interested in cards. I have the option of either doing a rotation in the CCU or being on the Cards consults service. This is my first cards rotation. Which is a more useful rotation for me to start with?
I don't mind the work load and would be happy to work in either rotation. Just want to get a good start to cards and learn a lot. I can also take cards consults now and take CCU sometime later if that's better.

Members don't see this ad.

I am a fourth year med student interested in cards. I have the option of either doing a rotation in the CCU or being on the Cards consults service. This is my first cards rotation. Which is a more useful rotation for me to start with?
I don't mind the work load and would be happy to work in either rotation. Just want to get a good start to cards and learn a lot. I can also take cards consults now and take CCU sometime later if that's better.
Consults, it’ll expose you to bread and butter cardiology

Reactions: 1 user
Definitely consults. People won't give you much responsibility on CCU, considering how sick the patients are. Med students have a little more autonomy and hands-on learning in lower-acuity rotations like consults.

Reactions: 1 user