Cda vs rda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

9ss

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone hope you're having a wonderful Monday!

I'm a california resident currently looking to expand my application. After intensive research I found a program that takes roughly 3 months to complete for CDA the cost is $2500. I also found a program that's 10 months long but provides RDA for $6000. From your experience, do you have a recommendation? Which is valued more? With CDA I can get to work faster, but is it as valuable as completing RDA? Thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to reading your responses.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you able to work as an assistant without a certification in California? I worked without my RDA in Texas for a while. If you can’t then take the shorter, cheaper course.

Reactions: 1 user
Are you able to work as an assistant without a certification in California? I worked without my RDA in Texas for a while. If you can’t then take the shorter, cheaper course.
In california you can work after obtaining 4 certificates. Including x-ray, cpr, infection control, and administration. It was very interesting to see a drop of tuition from average 16K to 6K which makes me very sceptical now about RDA.

Thanks for your input!