1. Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

cDAT practice exam

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by LFC73, Aug 11, 2015.

1. LFC73

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    So my cDAT is scheduled for November, and I've gotten DAT destroyer, DAT bootcamp, IQ publications and Crack DAT PAT to practice.

I've been reading other posts on the forum, and a lot of people advice on taking the 2007 and 2009 Practice DAT tests. I'm going to do the free 2007 sample found here:
    (http://www.ada.org/~/media/ADA/Education%20and%20Careers/Files/dat_test_sampleitems.ashx)

However ordering the 2009 sample seems like a hassle, in addition to being $27 + shipping to Canada. So is it worth it at all?

2. predent_mathlete

Pre-Dental
    I'd say no. If you already have bootcamp and destroyer you can get your stamina up that way. Remember that the cDAT doesn't have Ochem or QR, so the American DAT practice tests aren't going to be totally representative. If you're doing the carving I'd highly recommend taking a course on that, it helps immensely!

3. LFC73

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I'm not doing carving since I don't really need it for the schools I'm applying to. And I found a copy of the 2009 test so I guess it wouldn't hurt to practice the BIO, GC and PAT sections on it. Thanks though!

predent_mathlete likes this.
  4. okaykaaay

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Which courses would you recommend for MDT?

5. thehonya

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I didn't do the 2007 and 2009 practice tests and I got 26AA 24PAT on the cdat. Focus on your notes!

6. predent_mathlete

Pre-Dental
    I'm in Alberta so I took Rock the DAT which is put on by the students at UofA. I'm not sure if they do classes outside of Alberta but they're definitely worth it!

7. Dr. Dan

Non-Student
    You will find it useful to know that the 2010 cDAT that you order online from the CDA website is IDENTICAL to the 2009 American DAT.

Don't waste the money like I did, just buy one or the other and you'll be set. I'd say it's a useful indicator on how well you're going to do as well (with the exception of the BIO section which is much more application and critical thinking based now as opposed to the fact-based 2009 American/2010 Canadian versions).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Dr. Dan

Non-Student
    Yeah but you're a genius ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...