CDC Epidemiology Elective Program (EIS elective)

Started by alkylgroup
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

alkylgroup

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
I am a current MS3 planning to apply to the CDC Epidemiology Elective Program for 4th-year medical students (Epidemiology Elective Program Homepage | CDC). I was wondering if anyone has experience applying to or participating in this program?

First, I was wondering how competitive is it? Are there certain things they look for in the application/essay? Also, it seems that we have to rank preferred sites while applying and I can see myself being interested in quite a few of them...has anyone had particularly good or bad experiences at certain sites?

Thanks in advance for any input!