CDP Test #4

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jab1113

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took CDP #4 and these are my scores:

KEYHOLE: 11/15 (10 MINUTES)
TFE: 13/15 (12 MINUTES)
ANGLES: 6/15 (12 MINUTES) :mad:
HOLE PUNCH: 14/15 (16 MINUTES)

AFTER HOLE PUNCHING IVE USED 50 MINUTES ---> 10 MINUTES TO DO CUBE COUNTING AND PATTERN FOLDING? LOL

CUBES: 14/15 (8 MINUTES)
PATTERNS: 6/15 (2 MINUTES)*

*YES I PUT (B) FOR LIKE 10 OF THEM BECAUSE I WAS SHORT ON TIME.

So first, thank you for reading my post.

Next, obviously I need to work on Keyholes a little bit and obviously the more practice, the better but does anybody have a certain technique they use that would help save time and get me to the correct answer?

TFE, only way to do better is practice as many as these as possible, look over condog51's (Ross) videos a little more and keep practicing.

ANGLES, WTF DUDE!! :mad: They expect me to tell an angle apart by THREE ****ING DEGREES? Im not superman, I cant do that! I've tried the Hill Technique and I've tried the laptop and I've tried the Rapid Glance (Ross). Now either, 1) I just suck at this section of the PAT or 2) Im not getting the whole "Hill Technique" correct, maybe I misunderstood it? Anyways, if anybody would like to explain the technique to me again, it would be much appreciated!! Laptop works great especially for obtuse angles, so good with that. The Rapid Glance....ehh I end up sitting there for 30 sec LOL I know thats not what Ross said to do but hey, I can't help it! In other words, I need some serious help on this section and spending a whole 12 minutes on it and not even getting half of them right, well thats bad.

Hole Punching, OK this section seriously guys, practice practice practice. Thats it! Once you got the folds down, you are good to go. BUT, I need to work on time because 16 minutes is too long.

Cubes, just use the snake analogy by condog51 and you are good to go.

Patterns, well I just ran out of time, so can't do much here. But, still need more practice on this section.

Overall: 18
^not :cool: (cool)

ANY ADVICE?

Members don't see this ad.

Just keep practicing you will get better if you stay at it everyday! And for the angles...what has helped me is you gotta look at the niche of each angle, the tightest part of the corner created by the two legs. Don't worry about if of leg extends out farther because this will throw you off. Really focus on that niche and when it comes down to two very close ones, I like to visualize that if I could put one angle inside the other, then it has to be smaller. Hope this helps out a little!

Just keep practicing you will get better if you stay at it everyday! And for the angles...what has helped me is you gotta look at the niche of each angle, the tightest part of the corner created by the two legs. Don't worry about if of leg extends out farther because this will throw you off. Really focus on that niche and when it comes down to two very close ones, I like to visualize that if I could put one angle inside the other, then it has to be smaller. Hope this helps out a little!

Good call I think I'm gonna try that next exam, thank you!

hey Jab113, to be honest with you my fav parts of the PAT is the angles!! I have such hard time with Pattern Folding section. For some reason, i don't know why, I cant seem to understand it as much as i do angles! I have a technique that I use which is very very similar to condog51. when i saw his PAT tutorial youtube videos, i was like 'hey thats the same technique i use!'. One tip: Never second guess yourself on the angles! Another tip is i first look at the answers before anything.
Say for example:
a. 3,2,4,1
b. 3,1,2,4
c. 2,1,4,2
d. 2,4,3,1

first look for the smallest angles. in this case, u're comparing 2 & 3. doing this alone saves u big time! once u figure it out which one is smallest and eliminate the other choices, you'll usually be left with two answer choices to compare. Now look at the last # on you answer choice. Here, lets say a & b are your choices (2 has been eliminated because it's bigger than 3). U have 1 & 4 to compare for the biggest angle.
I rarely rank them one by one. I just go straight to my answer choices and work from there. and for the .1 degree apart angles, as soon as you notice the difference go for it. when i second guess i tend to lose it cuz when i look at it for a while i get confused.

Hope that helps! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)

This is a very good technique.. I do it this way as well and also envision them as laptops.. kinda weird but it works.

hey Jab113, to be honest with you my fav parts of the PAT is the angles!! I have such hard time with Pattern Folding section. For some reason, i don't know why, I cant seem to understand it as much as i do angles! I have a technique that I use which is very very similar to condog51. when i saw his PAT tutorial youtube videos, i was like 'hey thats the same technique i use!'. One tip: Never second guess yourself on the angles! Another tip is i first look at the answers before anything.
Say for example:
a. 3,2,4,1
b. 3,1,2,4
c. 2,1,4,2
d. 2,4,3,1

first look for the smallest angles. in this case, u're comparing 2 & 3. doing this alone saves u big time! once u figure it out which one is smallest and eliminate the other choices, you'll usually be left with two answer choices to compare. Now look at the last # on you answer choice. Here, lets say a & b are your choices (2 has been eliminated because it's bigger than 3). U have 1 & 4 to compare for the biggest angle.
I rarely rank them one by one. I just go straight to my answer choices and work from there. and for the .1 degree apart angles, as soon as you notice the difference go for it. when i second guess i tend to lose it cuz when i look at it for a while i get confused.

Hope that helps! :thumbup:

Thats what Ive been doing lol Kaplan taught me that as well. Problem is though, I have a hard time distinguishing the two angles apart. For example if I was looking at 3 and 4 and trying to figure out which one is smaller, I'll get that right but when I look for the larger angle, I get that wrong LOL its frustrating, really. :confused:

Thats what Ive been doing lol Kaplan taught me that as well. Problem is though, I have a hard time distinguishing the two angles apart. For example if I was looking at 3 and 4 and trying to figure out which one is smaller, I'll get that right but when I look for the larger angle, I get that wrong LOL its frustrating, really. :confused:

Just took CDP Test #5 and definitely an improvement from last exam thanks for the advice and tips guys

Keyhole: 13/15
TFE: 14/15
Angles: 9/15 :xf:doing better....
Hole Punching: 13/15
Cube: 15/15
Pattern Folding: 14/15

Total Score: 21 :eek:

Just took CDP Test #5 and definitely an improvement from last exam thanks for the advice and tips guys

Keyhole: 13/15
TFE: 14/15
Angles: 9/15 :xf:doing better....
Hole Punching: 13/15
Cube: 15/15
Pattern Folding: 14/15

Total Score: 21 :eek:
congrats.. not discouraging, but cdp test #5 is easier than 3, 4 :)