CE courses for F.A.G.D. and M.A.G.D

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmasurf

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im thinking of starting the process to obtain a fellowship in AGD but it requires 500 CE. how are you guys getting all these CE its so expensive to pay for all these courses.

Members don't see this ad.

It takes years to obtain enough CE for the F.A.G.D. Set a goal for 50 hours a year.

Few tips:
-Attend local society meetings - they're usually affordable. I just signed up for a 6 hour course taught by someone from Spears for $99
-Did you do a residency? That counts for 150 hours.
-There are free courses at dentalcare.com that I believe count for F.A.G.D., but I have no experience with taking/redeeming these courses.
-Take a Pankey/Spears/Dawson/Kois course. I did Pankey I and got around 50 hours. They're not cheap, but it sets the bar pretty high for the way you practice dentistry.

Hup

Publish a paper, lecture at a dental school. These account for a lot of CE for ***D, MAGD.

Members don't see this ad :)
yup easier said than done, those ce run $40 minimum and you need 500 and for magd you need 800.

What about a master track series through your region's AGD? It's over 4 years, includes about 320 hours and costs $6500.