CE programs during dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Prologue

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I understand that a lot of dentists get certificates in areas such as invisalign, CERC, implants and in other specific areas. Can you get this during school or is it something you could only get done after you do your time?

Members don't see this ad.

I understand that a lot of dentists get certificates in areas such as invisalign, CERC, implants and in other specific areas. Can you get this during school or is it something you could only get done after you do your time?

i have taken a number of CE courses for a variety of things. none of which offered a certificate of some kind but they were informative for sure. i know a gal that graduated last year who started the Maxi implant course her final semester in dental school and is finishing that up as i type.

as far as the invisalign goes... i can do that now while in school in our ortho dept so no "requirements" needed. but i'm also working under the ortho docs in the school so take that as you wish.

CE are taken in order to RENEW your license every 2-3 years depending on your license requirement!! I am a dental hygienist and every three years i need to renew and complete 24 credits.. I think dentists are much more credits like 100 or something every 3 years
anyone can do it but NO need if you don't really need to learn or use them for renewal