Cedars filled?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

longQTc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of my fellow residents just got a call from Cedars and was offered one of their last spots outside the match (though not officially until June 20th). Looks like if you haven't heard from Cedars, you're out of luck.

Members don't see this ad.

That's interesting because there quota on NRMP is still 7, if they were offering spots outside of the match, they would have reduced there number of matchable spots.
-CC

I heard the same about them filling, but no one knew if it was true.

And cc, I don't think it would be unheard of for an 'outside the match' agreement to occur with both program and resident still inside the match. Then the program isn't violating national match guidelines and they don't get in trouble with the NRMP.

Who knows though. Good luck to all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tum and Long QTc,
I think you may be mis-using terminology. An out of match offer is different than a "ranked-to-match" telephone call. perhaps, the latter is what occurred.

I get the terminology. I just didn't want to waste a post on semantics.

Cedars is the best imaging program on the West coast. And I agree with tum. This is semantics.

Cedars is the best imaging program on the West coast. And I agree with tum. This is semantics.

Being from UVA (the home of George Beller), I have to agree, Dr. Berman at Cedars is the foremost expert on nuclear cardiology on the West Coast. But Duke is not a shabby place either, Davis.
-CC