Cellular Respiration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ArkansasRanger

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any of you ever successfully memorized the entire process?

I know. I know. Learn for understanding. I understand it. I'm just trying to memorize it all. Why? No reason.

Members don't see this ad.

No, can't say that I have. (and while a part of me would like to give you grief about trying to learn this for no apparent reason, another part knows that would make me a really really big hypocrite) ;)

I know. I know. Learn for understanding. I understand it. I'm just trying to memorize it all. Why? No reason.

Biochemistry = memorising every step, enzyme and product in glycolysis, TCA and ETC.

Just don't forget:

Please Adorable Officer, Can I Keep Selling Sex For Money?

Members don't see this ad :)

let's see...
Glucose-->G6P-->F6P-->F1,6BP-->DHAP,GAP-->1,3BPG-->3PG-->2PG-->PEP-->Pyruvate
Pyruvate-->AcCoA-->Citrate-->Cis-Aconitate-->Isocitrate-->alphaKG-->SuccinylCoA-->Succinate-->Fumarate-->Malate-->Oxaloacetate

Biochemistry = memorising every step, enzyme and product in glycolysis, TCA and ETC.

Just don't forget:

Please Adorable Officer, Can I Keep Selling Sex For Money?

Yup, had to do it for biochem....um...probably couldn't rattle it off right now though.

Yeah, that mnemonic helped me too.

If there's no reason, why would you bother trying to memorize it all? You won't remember it by the time you get to med school, so you'll just have to re-memorize it anyway. Of course, if you have to memorize it for your exam, then have at it. I agree with the others that mnemonics are the way to go. Otherwise, don't be such a masochist!

If there's no reason, why would you bother trying to memorize it all? You won't remember it by the time you get to med school, so you'll just have to re-memorize it anyway. Of course, if you have to memorize it for your exam, then have at it. I agree with the others that mnemonics are the way to go. Otherwise, don't be such a masochist!

I'm just doing it for fun. It's got nothing to do with me and medical school. I like bio...

Can I Kiss Sylvia's Sweet Face More often?

Citrate, IsoCitrate, (Alpha) KetoGlutarate, Succinyl Co A, Succinate, Fumarate, Malate, Oxaloacetate