Census survey on Consults

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CardsFellow02

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hoping to collect data on some programs out there regarding expected patient numbers on consult months.

We see between 5 and 20 on a consult day (24 hour period).

Let me know about your program.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hoping to collect data on some programs out there regarding expected patient numbers on consult months.

I am in an academic center in NC and we see between 5 and 20 on a consult day (24 hour period).

Let me know about your program.

Sounds like a lot.
There are other variables that need to be clarified. Do you have your own cardiology inpatient service?
That is because we have an independent general cardiology service which has anywhere between 20-35 patients that we have to supervise residents. Everybody who passes through ER who has cardiac issues go to CArds service. Only consults we see are from surgical service and rarely see more than 5 floor consults. If on non surgical service and it is a legitimate cardiac problem, they get transferred to general cards service

Average 12-15 new consults per day. Add another ten to fifteen follow ups. Minimal resident help

We have primary cardiac services with average 50-60 patients. No EP fellows so cards fellow on EP service sees 7-10 new consults daily plus device checks. General cards consults range between 7-10 plus follow ups (minimal resident help on cards consults none on EP)