Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm having difficulty with questions that say
"Which of the following best summarizes the central thesis of the passage?"
"One can infer from the passage"
"Which of the following beliefs would be in most agreement from the theme of the passage?"
and then questions that have to do with the "author's argument"
Basically anything having to do with the broad umbrella that the entire passage falls under. How do I effectively identify the central thesis/ theme / main idea of the passage? Is it safe to assume that the thesis will ALWAYS be found in the first paragraph?
"Which of the following best summarizes the central thesis of the passage?"
"One can infer from the passage"
"Which of the following beliefs would be in most agreement from the theme of the passage?"
and then questions that have to do with the "author's argument"
Basically anything having to do with the broad umbrella that the entire passage falls under. How do I effectively identify the central thesis/ theme / main idea of the passage? Is it safe to assume that the thesis will ALWAYS be found in the first paragraph?