Cerner

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted697535

Anyone use cerner with the anesthesia module?

One of my locums uses it and i really like it but its different to epic in a lot of ways.

1 is it possible to scan blood bags? I had a massive tranf yest and ended up hand typing all the unit numbers in. Such a pain

2 is there an official place to enter asa score? Ive just been typing it at the bottom of my preop note but id like to have it more official and prominent. The final cerner anesthesia record has a lil box on the bottom left with anesthesia start/stop etc. Id imagine asa should go there

3 is there any way to back date and extract vitals if i forgot to add the Macro at the start? Epic allows you to pull vitals under a device button.

3a. If its not possible to pull vitals, how do i best manually enter vitals from the trend?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

1. No.😩 IMHO we can't scan anything. If I had anything to say about it the only way to open a record would be to scan patient wristband which would get rid of FIN mismatch or charting on wrong patient.

Each site is able to customize the app so answer to 2 will vary. We have it on our charts and preop.

3. Drag and drop them.

3a You can only document vitals from time Macro initiated.

Anyone use cerner with the anesthesia module?

One of my locums uses it and i really like it but its different to epic in a lot of ways.

1 is it possible to scan blood bags? I had a massive tranf yest and ended up hand typing all the unit numbers in. Such a pain

2 is there an official place to enter asa score? Ive just been typing it at the bottom of my preop note but id like to have it more official and prominent. The final cerner anesthesia record has a lil box on the bottom left with anesthesia start/stop etc. Id imagine asa should go there

3 is there any way to back date and extract vitals if i forgot to add the Macro at the start? Epic allows you to pull vitals under a device button.

3a. If its not possible to pull vitals, how do i best manually enter vitals from the trend?

Thank you
Big learning curve - lots of tricks, nuances, trial and error.

We're able to scan blood bags on our system. Open up the desired blood product window - scan the barcode and it appears in the comments section.

ASA scores are transferred over from the pre-op evaluation, which I believe is separate from the anesthesia module.

We're also sometimes able to pull vitals from the monitor if they haven't come across in the usual way from the monitor/network. (very cumbersome system at our place). You can also manually enter vital signs.