Certain Failure

Started by RAMPHARMD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RAMPHARMD

UHCOP Pharm.D. Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Feeling so overwhelmed. Despite my months of studying I'm not adequately prepared.


Kill me, please.
 
I'm in the same boat as you and feeling very overwhelmed. Today i felt like I was ready but then I took a practice test and now I'm freaked out :scared:
 
You are not alone....same here.....i get scared of going BLANK at times :scared:...i am just praying hard, nothing goes wrong on the big day!!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Feeling so overwhelmed. Despite my months of studying I'm not adequately prepared.


Kill me, please.
Yeah, I know how you feel. My problem is I don't know how to compare the practice test to the real thing. For instance, I only got about 60% of the questions right on one section and got about 90% on another, but those could be completely different percentile ranks. I mean you could theoretically miss half the questions and get an 80% percentile if others did worse.
 
feeling nervous before the exam is normal. just a realistic point of view you are not going to remember everything you study. you are bound to forget something here or there.

but it seems like , most of everyone here, like myself, have been studying the entire summer. just take it easy these next few days review flashcards, and don;t stress out. im sure you guys will do great. you all seem like sincere hardworking students..i know what you;re all thinking im too optimistic...but seriously if you have been studying sincerely it should pay off🙂

just remember when taking the practice exams , they are generally more difficult than the actual pcat. so if you;re scoring 60% in one area that doesn;t necessarily mean you will score a 60% on that section when you take the pcat.

good luck everyone!
 
I am totally stressed out over Saturday, but not too bad. My main downfall is that I haven't had a chemistry class since 2000, and will be taking organic as a refresher this upcoming school year. Nice thing is I have already been told by my pharmacy school to take it twice. By taking it now, it will give me a true gage of where I stand, and by the time the test comes around again this October I will have Organic back on my mind and at the forefront. I may surprise myself and do good. I just don't know what to think, and won't for 6 weeks.

Good luck everyone