Certainly a nice pick me up...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MJB

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:thumbup: Man, I had been having some issues lately, and I just got back a response from my adviser saying he really likes my PS draft that I sent him and that he sees no need for any major changes!

Really picked up my spirits. Kaplan Course is kicking my butt...too much to do and too little time to do it.

Feels good to be rejuvenated a bit!

Members don't see this ad.

MJB said:
:thumbup: Man, I had been having some issues lately, and I just got back a response from my adviser saying he really likes my PS draft that I sent him and that he sees no need for any major changes!

Really picked up my spirits. Kaplan Course is kicking my butt...too much to do and too little time to do it.

Feels good to be rejuvenated a bit!
how do you like the Kaplan course? i've taken the MCAT twice already & did crappy. the only way i'll take the MCAT again is with more "structure" like with the review course. $1650 is alot of money to put out there.....especially when yer poor :( . just thought i would inquire about the course. thanks & good luck!!!

internetwop said:
how do you like the Kaplan course? i've taken the MCAT twice already & did crappy. the only way i'll take the MCAT again is with more "structure" like with the review course. $1650 is alot of money to put out there.....especially when yer poor :( . just thought i would inquire about the course. thanks & good luck!!!
kaplan was good, focused on detailed stuff on the science portion. I felt they could had done a better job on verbal. their section tests were excellent review. there's also princeton review and probably more out there. mainly it's sitting down every night, having a structured learning schedule and putting the time in, even if it's only 1-2 hrs. just do something each day. it's a long marathon...but do able! good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
internetwop said:

Honestly, I think it might kill me! :) It's been VERY hard to make myself sit down for about 4-5 hours Monday through Thursday thus far...and this week, I have some catching up to do, so it's probably going to be 4-5 hours/day through next Thursday night or so.

I know in the end, it will be a good thing. Right now, Physics is by far my weakest area...I think they have some good ideas, but some of the stuff is just common sense. I am actually taking the online course, so it's more at my leisure, but also makes it a little less structured.

I did it mostly because I have not had some of the material in class in over 10 years...and with it being summer, I knew I would need extra motivation to keep myself on track.

I have taken AAMC Practice Test 3, and after taking some of the Kaplan material, I'm starting to wonder if Kaplan actually makes some of their stuff more difficult. It can get very discouraging at times...it's a TON of material, but in the end I think it will be worth it.

I think all the structure and practice I'm going to get in this summer will make the 1400 bucks I spent on this course well worth it. At least it better. :)

FYI, MJB, AAMC 3r is a very old and very easy test that is really not reflective of what the MCAT looks like today. I do think that some of Kaplan's material is harder than the real thing, but not that much of it and not by a lot.

Definitely take some of the newer AAMC tests to get a better feel for the current state of the exam.

Good luck!

Thanks...I had heard that about Test 3...

I plan to take all the Kaplan Tests, then order the AAMC practices and take them.

My biggest problem is just remembering the physics formulas at this point! :)

thanx for everyone's response on the Kaplan course. the class starts June 12th & i was just trying to decide what to do but i think i'm gonna take :thumbup: