• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

certificates for first-aid and CRP

DPT2010

Jul 26, 2009
    Does anybody know if one must have certificates for first-aid and CRP when apply for PT school please? Has somebody been denied admission because they don't have them please?

Some schools suggest that applicants do, but I don't know how serious those requirements are, if somebody could tell me a little bit about this part of their application experience, I'll be really appreciated:)

WillWords

Jul 14, 2009
      I know someone who just got into PT school, and she had to become CPR/First Aid certified to enter the program. Due to my work, I had to get the CPR/First Aid cert, and did so through the Red Cross. It took two days, 3 hours each day for a total of six hours.

callmecrazy

10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Jul 17, 2008
      1. Physical Therapist
        but I don't know how serious those requirements are

They're serious; you will need to be certified before beginning clinicals. Some schools want you to certified before you apply, others want you certified before you start the program, and some only require it to be done before clinicals begin. Just make sure you are meeting the requirements of the schools that you are applying to; if they say it needs done, it needs done.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.