certificates for first-aid and CRP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPT2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if one must have certificates for first-aid and CRP when apply for PT school please? Has somebody been denied admission because they don't have them please?

Some schools suggest that applicants do, but I don't know how serious those requirements are, if somebody could tell me a little bit about this part of their application experience, I'll be really appreciated:)

Members don't see this ad.

Like many other prereqs' it depends on the school. You will need it once you start clinicals so you may as well have them done.

I know someone who just got into PT school, and she had to become CPR/First Aid certified to enter the program. Due to my work, I had to get the CPR/First Aid cert, and did so through the Red Cross. It took two days, 3 hours each day for a total of six hours.

but I don't know how serious those requirements are

They're serious; you will need to be certified before beginning clinicals. Some schools want you to certified before you apply, others want you certified before you start the program, and some only require it to be done before clinicals begin. Just make sure you are meeting the requirements of the schools that you are applying to; if they say it needs done, it needs done.