Certified?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jux212

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just submitted my amcas! but... I was wondering...what happens from here. and how do i check the status of my app...such as if its been processed and what schools it has been transmitted to?

Members don't see this ad.

It may take awhile. The earliest you can expect to see "Processed" on your application is in about a week. then, in a few days AMCAS will process your application to schools.

I see...so if I log into amcas.... I will see it somewhere on the opening screen? or where would i go to find out if its been processed?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Jux212...
When you log onto AMCAS, it will state at the top of the page something like, "Status of Application." I believe it should say active during the verification process. It will post the stage in which your application is. I submitted mine on July 2nd and am still active... I called AMCAS and from what I understood, the processing speed of your application depends on which desk it ends up on. I think mine is on the desk of the temp or something because nothing is happening... ANYWAY, good luck!:D

I must be an idiot or something cuz all it has on the top of the main page when i log in is my app ID...I dont see where it has status of my application..arghhh could it be that its not there cuz i just submitted my app today?

When it says "processed" it also tells you in a paragraph somewhere that your AMCAS has been fully verified. Therefore I believe that processed=verified.

From AMCAS: "Your application has completed processing. To review any corrections made to your application during the verification process, use the print option provided at the left."

Corrections are only made during the verification process. Once verified, your AMCAS is ready to be sent to your schools. The process has sped up very much from last year and I hear is back on par with the speed of two years ago. Looks like AMCAS processing nightmares are over.

i surprisingly have no complaints of them so far - its seems to be running smoothly. cheers - have a good day.
-jot