Certiphi

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chris ergot

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! Is the Certiphi background check free? im pretty sure i read somewhere it was, but it doesn't seem like it is. any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all! Is the Certiphi background check free? im pretty sure i read somewhere it was, but it doesn't seem like it is. any thoughts?
It’s not free. It depends what state you’re a resident of. I believe it was 150 for non NY residents and 280 for NY residents

^ Yeah its not free. I believe the max amount they can charge is $150 depending on the number of places you lived I think. I was charged a total of around $38.

Members don't see this ad :)
will i not be able to go to school if i dont pay for this service? yes i know i SHOULD do it, but what happens if i dont?

will i not be able to go to school if i dont pay for this service? yes i know i SHOULD do it, but what happens if i dont?

The background check is a requirement for matriculation. It sucks that it has to be so expensive, but the schools need it.

The background check is a requirement for matriculation. It sucks that it has to be so expensive, but the schools need it.
This isn’t expensive. This is a drop in the bucket. Some of the deposits are expensive though! :rofl:

Some schools dont require it right? I think theres a list of schools that require it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

I never did it for UNE, I'd confirm directly with your school that they need it because obviously mine didn't even though I got emails from them.