Certiphi

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chris ergot

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all! Is the Certiphi background check free? im pretty sure i read somewhere it was, but it doesn't seem like it is. any thoughts?
 
Hello all! Is the Certiphi background check free? im pretty sure i read somewhere it was, but it doesn't seem like it is. any thoughts?
It’s not free. It depends what state you’re a resident of. I believe it was 150 for non NY residents and 280 for NY residents
 
^ Yeah its not free. I believe the max amount they can charge is $150 depending on the number of places you lived I think. I was charged a total of around $38.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
will i not be able to go to school if i dont pay for this service? yes i know i SHOULD do it, but what happens if i dont?
 
will i not be able to go to school if i dont pay for this service? yes i know i SHOULD do it, but what happens if i dont?

The background check is a requirement for matriculation. It sucks that it has to be so expensive, but the schools need it.
 
The background check is a requirement for matriculation. It sucks that it has to be so expensive, but the schools need it.
This isn’t expensive. This is a drop in the bucket. Some of the deposits are expensive though! 🤣
 
I never did it for UNE, I'd confirm directly with your school that they need it because obviously mine didn't even though I got emails from them.