Certiphi

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itssammi66

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else get an email from certiphi that says it’s for conditional acceptance background check consent request?

just want to make sure this is legit

Members don't see this ad.

Yes! I got one and completed it yesterday. Also, after I made my account it prompts you to like confirm your information and asks for PTCAS ID, Last name, place of birth, and your current zip code. I had trouble getting past that point but I finally figured out that the zip code I entered was not specific enough! I ended up having to put in the 5 digit zip code plus the 4 digits after. So if you have any trouble I recommend trying that!

Yes! I got one and completed it yesterday. Also, after I made my account it prompts you to like confirm your information and asks for PTCAS ID, Last name, place of birth, and your current zip code. I had trouble getting past that point but I finally figured out that the zip code I entered was not specific enough! I ended up having to put in the 5 digit zip code plus the 4 digits after. So if you have any trouble I recommend trying that!
Ok, great. Thanks! Does it show you which school you’re completing it for?

Members don't see this ad :)
So the program I decided to attend is not listed on Certiphi so does that mean I do not have to fill it out? I just want to make sure I complete the right stuff. I'm kinda freaking out cuz it says if I do not complete it within 10 days then it can affect my acceptances.

Reactions: 1 user
So the program I decided to attend is not listed on Certiphi so does that mean I do not have to fill it out? I just want to make sure I complete the right stuff. I'm kinda freaking out cuz it says if I do not complete it within 10 days then it can affect my acceptances.
I have the same question!

HOW IT WORKS​

A Note Before You Start:
You have been accepted by one or more of the programs participating in the PTCAS centralized criminal background check service, administered by Certiphi Screening (a Vertical Screen® Company). Review the process description below. If you fail to consent to the process or pay the appropriate background check fee, you may jeopardize your acceptance status for the program(s) that requested the report.

Please Note: A fee of $77.75 USD payable by credit card is required to process your Background Investigation report.

For more information about the PTCAS centralized criminal background check process, visit the PTCAS Web site at www.ptcas.org/BackgroundCheck.html.
If you have technical issues with the background check form or process, please contact Application Station Support at: 888-291-1369 x2006. Do NOT contact PTCAS.

• University of South Florida School of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Sciences
  • Regis University on behalf of the School of Physical Therapy
  • Washington University in St. Louis, on behalf of its School of Medicine Program in Physical Therapy
  • Creighton University Department of Physical Therapy
  • Augusta University College of Allied Health Department of Physical Therapy
  • Wheeling Jesuit University, Inc. c/o its Physical Therapy Department
  • University of Rhode Island Physical Therapy Program
  • Lynchburg College of Health Sciences and Human Performance, Physical Therapy
  • The Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate, on behalf of the University of Colorado
  • College of the St. Scholastica Department of Physical Therapy
  • Rocky Mountain University, Doctor of Physical Therapy
  • The University of Iowa Graduate Program in Physical Therapy and Rehab Science
  • New York Institute of Technology Department of Physical Therapy
  • The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
  • Louisiana State University Health Science in New Orleans Physical Therapy Department
  • New York Medical College Department of Physical Therapy
  • The Regents of the University of New Mexico, for its public operations known as the Health Sciences
  • University of Jamestown Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
  • Briar Cliff University Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
  • Wingate University Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
  • Pacific University School of Physical Therapy
  • University of Vermont and State Agricultural College, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Dept.
  • South College School of Physical Therapy
  • University of Cincinnati
  • Marist College Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
  • University of North Georgia - Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
  • Baylor University Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
  • Florida Southern College School of Physical Therapy

HOW IT WORKS​

A Note Before You Start:
You have been accepted by one or more of the programs participating in the PTCAS centralized criminal background check service, administered by Certiphi Screening (a Vertical Screen® Company). Review the process description below. If you fail to consent to the process or pay the appropriate background check fee, you may jeopardize your acceptance status for the program(s) that requested the report.

Please Note: A fee of $77.75 USD payable by credit card is required to process your Background Investigation report.

For more information about the PTCAS centralized criminal background check process, visit the PTCAS Web site at www.ptcas.org/BackgroundCheck.html.
If you have technical issues with the background check form or process, please contact Application Station Support at: 888-291-1369 x2006. Do NOT contact PTCAS.

• University of South Florida School of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Sciences
  • Regis University on behalf of the School of Physical Therapy
  • Washington University in St. Louis, on behalf of its School of Medicine Program in Physical Therapy
  • Creighton University Department of Physical Therapy
  • Augusta University College of Allied Health Department of Physical Therapy
  • Wheeling Jesuit University, Inc. c/o its Physical Therapy Department
  • University of Rhode Island Physical Therapy Program
  • Lynchburg College of Health Sciences and Human Performance, Physical Therapy
  • The Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate, on behalf of the University of Colorado
  • College of the St. Scholastica Department of Physical Therapy
  • Rocky Mountain University, Doctor of Physical Therapy
  • The University of Iowa Graduate Program in Physical Therapy and Rehab Science
  • New York Institute of Technology Department of Physical Therapy
  • The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
  • Louisiana State University Health Science in New Orleans Physical Therapy Department
  • New York Medical College Department of Physical Therapy
  • The Regents of the University of New Mexico, for its public operations known as the Health Sciences
  • University of Jamestown Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
  • Briar Cliff University Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
  • Wingate University Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
  • Pacific University School of Physical Therapy
  • University of Vermont and State Agricultural College, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Dept.
  • South College School of Physical Therapy
  • University of Cincinnati
  • Marist College Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
  • University of North Georgia - Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
  • Baylor University Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
  • Florida Southern College School of Physical Therapy
I don't know if the list is limited to those schools though? I guess the safest way is to reach out to your specific program and ask

Does anyone know if you have to pay twice if you got accepted to two of the programs on the list? Or you just pay one time and it sends the background check to all programs?

Hi! I was wondering, I don't recall my exact address or the months/years I lived there for the first 10 years of my life and my parents don't seem to remember the exact details either since there were multiple homes...are we required to fill out EVERY home we lived in? Or can we put "no residence" if I cannot confirm the addresses, months, and year I lived somewhere?

Thanks in advance!