cGPA 3.5 (4.0 Science GPA)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premed:)

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm entering my sophomore year with a 3.55 cum GPA and a 4.0 science GPA.
I have no clinical experience.... no work experience (everything I've worked was under the table :()... and I guess no ECs at all lol.
What are my chances realistically if I started to volunteer and became a pharmacy technician and got a good MCAT score?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, you're not applying for at least another year and a half, so pretty good I guess. It's essentially impossible to tell at this point, but start getting a few more As in your non-science classes, and start getting involved in things. Do some healthcare-related things to increase your exposure to the medical field and show that you actually know what you're getting into. Shadowing is always a good first step. Don't worry - even though you haven't started anything just yet, you can still do well given time and invested effort.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, you're not applying for at least another year and a half, so pretty good I guess. It's essentially impossible to tell at this point, but start getting a few more As in your non-science classes, and start getting involved in things. Do some healthcare-related things to increase your exposure to the medical field and show that you actually know what you're getting into. Shadowing is always a good first step. Don't worry - even though you haven't started anything just yet, you can still do well given time and invested effort.

Thanks for the advice you must be a motivational speaker or something lol :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Your numbers are fine. Keep up the good work.

Work on getting some experience. How will you answer "why medicine" when the time comes? Shadowing, research, clinical volunteering, non-clinical volunteering all help with that.

Reactions: 1 users
A 4.0 sGPA is impressive- a good MCAT will seal the deal.

However, I would recommend clinical experience, not pharm tech experience. The latter is for pharmacy school, not med school.

Reactions: 1 user