Chad's OC or OC Destroyer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NguyenDDS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 2 weeks to try study my butt off, and need some urgent advice.
As you can see, time is the biggest factor here.
I took off from work and everything, so I can focus all my time to the DAT. I am one of those people who will study 10 hours a day if I MUST.
OC seems to be my weakest science area, since I haven't taken Orgo II yet.

So,

should I devote my OC studying time on OC Destroyer (answer them with the best of my knowledge, and then go over both correct and wrong answer choices, memorize road maps, and such)?

OR

Should I watch Chad's OC videos, and then if I have time left... do some destroyer problems? (I just finished Chad's GC videos in fastplay within 2 days, so I can probably finish Chad's OC videos within 2 days also... but remember 2 days is A LOT if I have only 2 weeks left!).

Thanks for your help!!!!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

If you can I think you should do destroyer. Chads is great but it only gets you to the point where you can make good attempts at destroyer. If your konwedge is high enough you can just jump on destroyer and go for it. GL

I have 2 weeks to try study my butt off, and need some urgent advice.
As you can see, time is the biggest factor here.
I took off from work and everything, so I can focus all my time to the DAT. I am one of those people who will study 10 hours a day if I MUST.
OC seems to be my weakest science area, since I haven't taken Orgo II yet.

So,

should I devote my OC studying time on OC Destroyer (answer them with the best of my knowledge, and then go over both correct and wrong answer choices, memorize road maps, and such)?

OR

Should I watch Chad's OC videos, and then if I have time left... do some destroyer problems? (I just finished Chad's GC videos in fastplay within 2 days, so I can probably finish Chad's OC videos within 2 days also... but remember 2 days is A LOT if I have only 2 weeks left!).

Thanks for your help!!!!! :)

Well your dilemma is.... Chad is a great resource to review material. Destroyer is a great resource to APPLY knowledge you gained from the review period.

I imagine its possible to dive into destroyer orgo before any review period but the problem is, you said orgo is a weak area. Your gonna spend more time looking over the solutions rather than thinking of the solutions when your reading the problems..... IMO this isn't very productive.

A more productive method is to cover chad's Orgo vids ONE TIME (but take good & meticulous notes)... That way when you dive into Destroyer orgo, when you come accross a problem, you can always review your notes (instead of only reading the solution in the back or re-watching a video).

If you have 14 days, and your willing to push 10+ hours into each. I'd try to cover the videos in the first 7-10 days and whatever you have left, cover orgo 2x times (minimum)

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with dentalworks, go over Chad's very carefully and hit the destroyer for practice. This is what I did and ochem turned out to be my best section (25) on the DAT.

I didn't really need chad's videos for this section since I just finished both courses but in your case it may be a good idea. It will be a condensed class. Then go over Destroyer to really see if you have it down.:thumbup: