Chad's Video- What is missing from Biology section for OAT?

BryceO

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello-
I am using Chad's videos for OAT studying, but as many know, the Biology section is incomplete. Does anyone know what content is missing from this section? I was going to complete this section of videos, making note-cards for retesting concepts. What is the best resource(s) to pinpoint my studies for the remaining material that is missing in this section? I see that the MCAT Biology section on the Course Saver site is not labeled as "incomplete" and am also wondering if this material can be used in place of OAT Biology videos as I have heard that there are many similarities between the OAT and MCAT. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

About the sections thing, look on the OAT guidelines and see exactly what Bio topics are needed and see what Chad's offer. How I'm studying for the OAT, I am making a checklist with the guidelines specific topics and just finding study materials for these particular topics. I would attach my checklist, but I am doing this over my phone lolol

Hello-
I am using Chad's videos for OAT studying, but as many know, the Biology section is incomplete. Does anyone know what content is missing from this section? I was going to complete this section of videos, making note-cards for retesting concepts. What is the best resource(s) to pinpoint my studies for the remaining material that is missing in this section? I see that the MCAT Biology section on the Course Saver site is not labeled as "incomplete" and am also wondering if this material can be used in place of OAT Biology videos as I have heard that there are many similarities between the OAT and MCAT. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!
If the DAT biology section for coursesaver is complete, you could use that as well.

About the sections thing, look on the OAT guidelines and see exactly what Bio topics are needed and see what Chad's offer. How I'm studying for the OAT, I am making a checklist with the guidelines specific topics and just finding study materials for these particular topics. I would attach my checklist, but I am doing this over my phone lolol
Thanks for the advice; it 's certainly a good idea to check through the program guide from the ADA site. I'll take a look; I have a feeling Chad's videos for MCAT Bio will be sufficient but I'll check to see if the videos seem to hit all the topics listed on the guide. That's a good reference for all the main subjects on the OAT, actually. Thanks again!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If the DAT biology section for coursesaver is complete, you could use that as well.
The DAT Bio section is also listed as "incomplete" but I'll check through the 2017 OAT program guide, as suggested above, to see if the Chad's videos MCAT Bio will be sufficient to cover all the listed topics. Might need some other resources though, we'll see. Thanks for the reply!

Honestly, I suggest using something else study for Biology such as AP Cliff's. Since there are so many videos on Chad's for bio, I think using Cliff's is a much more efficient use of your time.

Reactions: 1 user
The DAT Bio section is also listed as "incomplete" but I'll check through the 2017 OAT program guide, as suggested above, to see if the Chad's videos MCAT Bio will be sufficient to cover all the listed topics. Might need some other resources though, we'll see. Thanks for the reply!
No problem. I don't know if MCAT bio is overkill or not, but as stated above AP cliffs and kaplan blue book for bio may be sufficient. Maybe even Destroyer bio for practice (even that's a little tougher than actual).