Chad's Videos and DAT Destroyer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thisismytime

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I just use Chad's and DAT Destroyer will it be enough for organic chem?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, absolutely. If time or money is an issue, I'd just go for Chad's. There was ONE question on my orgo section that I wouldn't have gotten right if I hadn't used Destroyer. For everything else, Chad was great preparation. I made a 29. There ya have it. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,

Quick question:
So I'm working on organic chemistry for the DAT. I watched Chad's videos and took lots of notes, and now I'm tackling the Ochem section of the Destroyer (the general destroyer, not the Ochem one).. I keep getting questions on reactions that Chad's videos didn't cover.. Does this mean my prep with Chad is lacking? Or is destroyer way too overkill and I wouldn't get all these random questions on the real DAT?

I wouldn't say destroyer is overkill. Dr. Romano only puts in questions that have been asked, or he believes may very well be asked. Each DAT usually has like 5 trick questions within it, Dr. Romano compiles a whole book of these trick questions so you get them right.

Oh my, so there's more stuff I need to know!! Lol alright thanks for your reply, I'll make sure to work on that :)

should i be memorizing all of the reactions in chad's like i did for ochem in undergrad? also, will I have no know the explanations as to why a reaction performs as it does?

If you think about it, you don't really have to know that many reactions, especially complicated ones. The DAT Destroyer really only introduces a handful of NEW reactions that you might have not derived from general OC knowledge. I'd definitely know them just in case =)