Chad's Videos vs. Kaplan courses

Started by jennkeem
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jennkeem

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys!

I'm taking my PCATS in Jan. and I was thinking about taking the Kaplan on anywhere courses that are starting soon.. I also have doctor collins but i dont know how to study long i should study them for...
 
Last edited:
If the Kaplan course teaches you material in their 2012-2013 PCAT book edition, which I'm assuming, run away from the Kaplan course. I bought the book and didn't make much use of it at all. The chemistry section had stuff that didn't even show up on the official test; the bio section had a bunch of non-human biology stuff and went excessively into detail. I didn't like the book at all so I didn't use it. I used Dr. Collins instead.

However, I have no idea how good Chad's videos are because I didn't even know about them until after taking the PCAT. I still scored very well, though.
 
I used chad's videos. chad is AMAZING when it comes to gen chem and org chem. this dude knows his stuff. I made a 92 on chemistry and I had a C in gen chem 1 and B in gen chem 2 and org 1. i basically made my weakness my strength through chad!!! i spent $40 while i know people spend hundreds on kaplan for scores lower than mine.
 
If the Kaplan course teaches you material in their 2012-2013 PCAT book edition, which I'm assuming, run away from the Kaplan course. I bought the book and didn't make much use of it at all. The chemistry section had stuff that didn't even show up on the official test; the bio section had a bunch of non-human biology stuff and went excessively into detail. I didn't like the book at all so I didn't use it. I used Dr. Collins instead.

However, I have no idea how good Chad's videos are because I didn't even know about them until after taking the PCAT. I still scored very well, though.


how long did you study dr. collins for?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad