Chads Videos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Are Chads updated organic chemistry videos any good or should I stick with the old ones? I noticed the new ones don't have any quizzes. Anyway, I want to use them to prep for class/study for the DAT so what do you guys recommend?

Members don't see this ad.

I was fine with those free videos. Just used them to refresh basic foundations. ( I was out of school ~5 years) Then I moved on to destroyer. It trained me hard for 3 weeks, got decent score...

Same as queenki, I used the free videos that didn't include the quizzes. Took notes and tested my knowledge with bootcamp and qvault. Scored 21 GC and 23 OC

Members don't see this ad :)
I went with the paid version for 1 month because it was a bit more condensed for the DAT and the quizzes were more conveniently organized. However I’m sure you can make it work either way.

I was fine with those free videos. Just used them to refresh basic foundations. ( I was out of school ~5 years) Then I moved on to destroyer. It trained me hard for 3 weeks, got decent score...
Wait which ones are the free videos? Also keep in mind I'm using them to prep for class as well.

I went with the paid version for 1 month because it was a bit more condensed for the DAT and the quizzes were more conveniently organized. However I’m sure you can make it work either way.

So you used the videos that were not updated? And I'm talking about the videos from chemistry prep and not coursesaver. Also keep in mind I'm using them to prep for class as well.

Wait which ones are the free videos? Also keep in mind I'm using them to prep for class as well.

Just google chad's video and when you sign up (free) with email, log in, you get free videos. GC got some free quizzes too. OC is just videos. Also there is youtube....same videos.

this is literally discussion part of state university OCHEM 1 and 2.
contents may slightly vary by college, but overall same thing.

Just google chad's video and when you sign up (free) with email, log in, you get free videos. GC got some free quizzes too. OC is just videos. Also there is youtube....same videos.

this is literally discussion part of state university OCHEM 1 and 2.
contents may slightly vary by college, but overall same thing.

Okay I'll just watch his Ochem videos without the quizzes. Thanks!

Okay I'll just watch his Ochem videos without the quizzes. Thanks!

I did not see a reason to spend any money on any videos...
For both GC and OC chad's were sufficient for basics.
I just bought 1 book-DAT destroyer-with my money. While going through destroyer if I needed more detailed clarification, I went to Khan's academy(free) and watched those specific topic. (and did the free quiz to make sure I understood).

(I didn't have money/intent to buy BC, so I can't speak for that route. I heard it is decent.)

So, GC and OC this is more than enough.

for the BIO. oh well. BIO is BIO. you just have to know all. I read free dynamite bio notes (Free) multiple times, made my own notes out of it (comparison between organs for endocrine, hormone names, functions etc.) and did not need anything else to spend my money on it.

For RC, I've been reading science journal past 4-5 years so I didn't do anything. I knew in limited time, I can't improve any further much. I just did 2009 DAT to see the question structures...

For QR I knew I was already weak. but didn't have time to improve greatly, I had limited time and I knew I can improve more in science than QR at the point, so just did destroyer QR and watched youtube list from Dr. Romano's study group. If you are already decent and QR, no worries. I was really bad at math to begin with.

For PAT, I have BFA, I've been trained in fine art past 12 years, so I only did free sample part of BC, free sample of crack DAT, free 2009 DAT, free sample of anything you can find on the internet to get familiar with question types. I got unlucky at actual DAT and the hole punch was extremely hard. I've never seen that hard on anywhere... haha. 2009 DAT PAT is joke. If you are weak at PAT, maybe you can pay some money to buy crack DAT or Something Vault...for those.

At least for science wise, you don't need to spend much money....

Reactions: 1 user