Chads vs Kaplan

opto1995

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you had to pick one between Chads videos and Kaplan which is better? I've been trying to go over all Chads videos first, then through the Kaplan sections afterwards but it's taking too much time.... Which is better to use as a primary resource, and better for supplementing? Are some subjects better in one over the other? Please help!

Members don't see this ad.

If you had to pick one between Chads videos and Kaplan which is better? I've been trying to go over all Chads videos first, then through the Kaplan sections afterwards but it's taking too much time.... Which is better to use as a primary resource, and better for supplementing? Are some subjects better in one over the other? Please help!
Hi Opto1995! I would go with Chad's videos on coursesaver if I only had to pick one thing. The practice questions are similar to the actual OAT excluding the QR section. DAT Bootcamp has a free updated QR test to practice on as well as orgoman22 who is admin for OAT/DAT destroyer. Look for orgoman22 on this site. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I consider Chad’s the best resource for physics, o chem, and gen chem. And Kaplan is better for biology.

I am enrolled in the self-paced Kaplan online course, and I was originally trying to use the review notes from Kaplan to study material, but after a couple weeks I just thought the material was too dense to read and then trying to keep up with the workshops and video lessons kinda overwhelmed me. I then got the subscription for the OAT through Coursesaver/Chad's Videos and I feel that Chad makes things much easier to understand so that you can "relearn" the material and then I am going to use his quizzes to reinforce the material that I just learned. Going back to the Kaplan material as a supplement made it much easier to grasp. I am also waiting on my OAT destroyer to come in so that way I have more practice problems to work with.

To simplify what I'm currently doing and what is working best for me at the moment is that I am using Chad's Videos to learn material, and using Kaplan/Destroyer to reinforce the concepts with TONS of practice problems. Eventually I am going to keep taking Kaplan practice exams to get used to the testing environment.

Hopefully that gives you some insight, good luck with your studies!