Chad's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vsno123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Everyone has been recommending Chad's videos but I have less than a month left until the big day. I spent so much time reviewing gen chem- I literally read my text book for all of gen chem 2. I want this and ochem to be my score booster. Right now I'm getting:

1st Kaplan test (online midterm)- 16
Kaplan diagnostic- 21
Kap test 1- 17
Achiever 1- 19
Topscore 1- 20

I know these are okay scores but will Chad's videos be the missing link I need or should I just keep doing practice problems? I finished gen chem destroyer once and am going to do it again. My nonsciences are a little weaker than I would like so I want to kill my science sections.

Members don't see this ad.

To tell you the cold hard truth...

Had you not read your textbook and went straight to Chad's, you would be further ahead in Gen Chem in a fraction of the time you spent.

Good news is you still have enough time to get thru all his videos.

I was super skeptical about Chad's videos being as awesome as people here say, or even worth the money/time. I was 100% wrong. I learned more from Chad than I did in a full year of both gen chem and o chem. He makes everything super accessible and somehow manages to teach you a huge amount of material without it seeming overwhelming. You do need to supplement, as there are a few things here and there that he doesn't cover, but seriously... It's worth the investment. I think it will boost your scores, absolutely. Practice problems are great but there's no substitute for knowing the basics COLD, which is what Chad is all about. Plus a subscription gives you access to his quizzes, which are more practice problems (some of them pretty tricky).

tl;dr: Buy Chad now. You won't regret it.

I know...I'm so mad I didn't find out before I spent months in my textbook. I'll guess I'll try it out and at least there's practice problems too. The videos don't seem to be too long.

Are the organic chemistry videos worth it? I'm getting 17 (Achiever) to around 23 (Topscore/Kaplan). It may also be because I haven't taken biochem and haven't really gone over the biological molecule information (reducing sugars etc).

Members don't see this ad :)
Dang, so I bought the general chemistry section but just realized I should have done the month prescription and gotten organic chemistry with it too...boo

Dang, so I bought the general chemistry section but just realized I should have done the month prescription and gotten organic chemistry with it too...boo

I made the same mistake....but his GC videos are awesome, I got a 13 on GC on a practice test ONE WEEK before my DAT. then I watched all his videos in that week, took the DAT, and got a 23 GC :) totalllyyyy worth it

Wow that's awesome! Which practice test was it, if you don't mind me asking? I've done two days worth so far and I really like how he focuses everything towards what the DAT might ask. I think I'm going to get the organic anyways...I don't want miss out on anything!

Wow that's awesome! Which practice test was it, if you don't mind me asking? I've done two days worth so far and I really like how he focuses everything towards what the DAT might ask. I think I'm going to get the organic anyways...I don't want miss out on anything!

I'm assuming this question was directed at me haha...but it was just the Kaplan BB practice test at the end of the book. At that point all I had done was read through Kaplan's GC section. Chad was my savior!

I'm assuming this question was directed at me haha...but it was just the Kaplan BB practice test at the end of the book. At that point all I had done was read through Kaplan's GC section. Chad was my savior!

Haha yeah that was directed at you..sorry I didn't know I could quote. Did you take any other practice tests? I took Achiever 2 today two points lower in GC than I did last week lol but I'm just going to assume test 2 was harder. I like it though because it points out my weaknesses

Haha yeah that was directed at you..sorry I didn't know I could quote. Did you take any other practice tests? I took Achiever 2 today two points lower in GC than I did last week lol but I'm just going to assume test 2 was harder. I like it though because it points out my weaknesses

The only practice tests I took prior to my actual DAT were the Kaplan ones (one in the book, one online). In retrospect I should have probably done a little more, but considering my summer schedule (working 2 jobs and moving twice) I am happy with my scores! Also I think it is pretty typical to score a bit lower on practice tests than on the actual test...

The only practice tests I took prior to my actual DAT were the Kaplan ones (one in the book, one online). In retrospect I should have probably done a little more, but considering my summer schedule (working 2 jobs and moving twice) I am happy with my scores! Also I think it is pretty typical to score a bit lower on practice tests than on the actual test...

You did well for only taking 2 practice tests! Good job. :)