challenge essay topic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lolapotter1234

Reaction score
I have two ideas for this topic:

1) The death of a friend two weeks before I went away to college and losing my emotional support system quickly after that tragedy, how I coped with this during the first few weeks of undergrad. I feel that this topic is good, but it seems like I'm making the loss of a friend about myself.

2) I adopted a cat and had to make the decision to put her down three days after adoption. I like this idea because it was a situation completely out my control that I was thrust into and I was forced to make a difficult decision, but it seems less "deep" than topic 1.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, I don't want to get screened out for my secondary answers and I am struggling with this prompt. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I have two ideas for this topic:

1) The death of a friend two weeks before I went away to college and losing my emotional support system quickly after that tragedy, how I coped with this during the first few weeks of undergrad. I feel that this topic is good, but it seems like I'm making the loss of a friend about myself.

2) I adopted a cat and had to make the decision to put her down three days after adoption. I like this idea because it was a situation completely out my control that I was thrust into and I was forced to make a difficult decision, but it seems less "deep" than topic 1.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, I don't want to get screened out for my secondary answers and I am struggling with this prompt. Thank you!
Number one because support systems are critical during and after medical school. How you dealt with a loss in yours is a worthy topic imo