Champman DPT Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCLAbruin08

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who's attending?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm planning on attending Chapman this fall. Are you?

I'm highly considering. It' either that or csulb, so i'm waiting to see what my financial aide packet is looking like. Do you know how much tuition is for '09-'10 is?

Members don't see this ad :)
Tuition for the upcoming year is a little over 28k...which in general is a whole lotta money but all the other schools in CA that offer the DPT are somewhere around that or a higher (except UCSF/SFSU but their DPT isn't accredited). I recieved my financial aid packet a month or so ago and they gave me well above what i needed...im probably not even gonna take all of it since i don't want to borrow money that i dont think i'll need. I went to CSULB for my undergrad and they have a really good PT program. However, i think with the direction the field is going getting your DPT would be well worth it. I've seen the facilities and faculty at chapman and I believe that everyone really looks after one another. They have an awesome faculty and brand new facilities. I know that money is a HUGE factor in making your decision and believe me there have been nights where i cant go to bed cause I think of how much debt i'll be in but i think its important to invest in your education and your future. There are thousands of PT students who are/have been in the same boat as you and they are able to live significantly comfortable lifes. Its just a matter of making smart financial decisions after school. Good luck with your decision! and sorry this reply is so long lol

Tuition for the upcoming year is a little over 28k...which in general is a whole lotta money but all the other schools in CA that offer the DPT are somewhere around that or a higher (except UCSF/SFSU but their DPT isn't accredited). I recieved my financial aid packet a month or so ago and they gave me well above what i needed...im probably not even gonna take all of it since i don't want to borrow money that i dont think i'll need. I went to CSULB for my undergrad and they have a really good PT program. However, i think with the direction the field is going getting your DPT would be well worth it. I've seen the facilities and faculty at chapman and I believe that everyone really looks after one another. They have an awesome faculty and brand new facilities. I know that money is a HUGE factor in making your decision and believe me there have been nights where i cant go to bed cause I think of how much debt i'll be in but i think its important to invest in your education and your future. There are thousands of PT students who are/have been in the same boat as you and they are able to live significantly comfortable lifes. Its just a matter of making smart financial decisions after school. Good luck with your decision! and sorry this reply is so long lol

thanks a lot for the info. Yeah I agree that chapman is considerably cheaper than some other So Cal DPT programs (Western, USC) and their program is definitely worth the price. I guess I'm jsut starting to get a realization of the cost since I'm starting to pay for my undergrad loans, and it's kind of just daunting to think that my principle loan amount will increse after i go though PT school. I was highly considering CSULB, but after talking to some of their undergrads, it just doesn't seem the most beneficial for me (despite the low tuition cost). It just seems that being conditionally admitted is a downer, plus i hear that some of the pre req classes, are absolutely tough. but thanks for the advice, and i'll probably see you in the fall

Im attending chapman this fall too. Hope to see you there!