Chance at UPenn?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sfrice80

Blood, Sweat, and Beers
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there is a very recent trend asking about UPenn but I've been checking into the school and was wondering all of your opinions. I recently added them but havent sent the other materials yet. My DAT is Bio=20, Chem=20, O-Chem=20, TS=20, PAT=21, RC=20, QR=16!, AA=19. My gpa according to aadsas is 3.39 and my science is 3.56. I have tons of research experience, one publication, and am currently doing full time research. My EC's are pretty good as well. What do you guys think as far as getting an interview? And yes I know about the what are my chances thread, but im looking for more of a personal opinion.:D

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say its a reach... your gpa and scores a little below their usual acceptance ranges. but who knows?

I was just looking at predents and found some applicants from last cycle that had lower dats and similar gpas that got interviews and acceptances. Their overall acceptance is above my stats though.

Members don't see this ad :)
You might have a shot, cause they tend to like GPA a little more than DAT (at least vs. Columbia). I am applying to - so I hope we both have a shot!

Honestly, I think it's a reach, too. I was prob one of the predents.com profile that got in with a simila stat as you did. But they for some reason really liked that I played Varsity and Club baseball for a Division I school.. I think that might have been actually only reason I got an interview and then I rocked the interview.. so at least that's what I think..