sfrice80

Blood, Sweat, and Beers
Jun 11, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Status
Dental Student
I know there is a very recent trend asking about UPenn but I've been checking into the school and was wondering all of your opinions. I recently added them but havent sent the other materials yet. My DAT is Bio=20, Chem=20, O-Chem=20, TS=20, PAT=21, RC=20, QR=16!, AA=19. My gpa according to aadsas is 3.39 and my science is 3.56. I have tons of research experience, one publication, and am currently doing full time research. My EC's are pretty good as well. What do you guys think as far as getting an interview? And yes I know about the what are my chances thread, but im looking for more of a personal opinion.:D

OP
sfrice80

sfrice80

Blood, Sweat, and Beers
Jun 11, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Status
Dental Student
I was just looking at predents and found some applicants from last cycle that had lower dats and similar gpas that got interviews and acceptances. Their overall acceptance is above my stats though.

Jun 26, 2009
Status
You might have a shot, cause they tend to like GPA a little more than DAT (at least vs. Columbia). I am applying to - so I hope we both have a shot!

huk1985

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2007
Status
Dental Student
Honestly, I think it's a reach, too. I was prob one of the predents.com profile that got in with a simila stat as you did. But they for some reason really liked that I played Varsity and Club baseball for a Division I school.. I think that might have been actually only reason I got an interview and then I rocked the interview.. so at least that's what I think..