Chance for Upcoming Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BobbyBeavis

What are loans?
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering about my chances for the upcoming cycle. I am also looking to get the HPSP scholarship for the Navy.

PAT 17
QR 21
RC 23
BIO 20
GC 24
OC 24
TS 22
AA 22

(Clearly, my PAT keeps me up at night.)

oGPA/sGPA both a 3.5. I have about 130 hours of shadowing, and I'd say about 100 of volunteering. Extra curriculars are just the Dental Club, Biology Honors Club, and a Music Club. I believe I have a strong LoR from my dentist, a decent one from my Bio professor, and the last one which I am about to obtain could be mediocre (I am still trying to work this out). I still need to write my PS.

My top 3 choices are Louisville, Columbia, and Florida.

I was also wondering if anyone had any suggestions on schools as well and how many I should apply to?

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you florida resident? UF is not very oos friendly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you florida resident? UF is not very oos friendly.

Yes I am.

And thanks derbear!

I'd love to go back to Texas even though I am a Florida resident. Most of my family lives there and both of my grandfather's graduated from a Texas dental school. One even works there! Would this help my chances at all or just be minimal?

Thanks!

Yes I am.

And thanks derbear!

I'd love to go back to Texas even though I am a Florida resident. Most of my family lives there and both of my grandfather's graduated from a Texas dental school. One even works there! Would this help my chances at all or just be minimal?

Thanks!
Good for you! Being Florida resident definitely helps you at UF.

if you're interested in columbia, you might as well roll the dice for uconn.

if you're interested in columbia, you might as well roll the dice for uconn.

I just checked out the ADEA guide. That definitely would be rolling the dice! Not very many seats, it appears. I see time and time again how great of a school UCONN is on here, though.

Could UPENN be a better stretch school than UCONN? They seem to take many more Florida residents.

I just checked out the ADEA guide. That definitely would be rolling the dice! Not very many seats, it appears. I see time and time again how great of a school UCONN is on here, though.

Could UPENN be a better stretch school than UCONN? They seem to take many more Florida residents.

Idk, but Pitt seems to like Florida residents as well. I'm going from UF Undergrad --> Pitt and I know at least 5 others going as well.