Chance? Low GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HdK

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't take my classes seriously enough until this (senior) year, and as testament to that i retook a fundamental class which i had previously gotten a B- in. Although I got all A- for my upper level courses this semester, I also got an A- in the retake, which I'm afraid of (will this be detrimental?). So after this semester, my sgpa is a mere 3.21, and overall is 3.3. My dat AA is 21 and TS is 21. I haven't done research, but I did EMT and some shadowing for dentistry.

Members don't see this ad.

... Didn't you ask this in another thread before?

Members don't see this ad :)
y3nd0, yes I did, before I got the upward trend for this semester. I wasn't sure what I would get then, and was hoping that maybe the chances could possibly go up. It's constantly scary when u dont think u have the stats to make it, and there isn't really anything to do about it right now so just wondering...and worrying lol

It's constantly scary when u dont think u have the stats to make it, and there isn't really anything to do about it right now so just wondering...and worrying lol

I'm going to give you my honest opinion when I tell you this... But that feeling will not go away. Based purely on stats, we were almost identical. I applied very early this cycle to 14 schools and was offered 2 pre-December interviews (resulting with 2 wait lists) and 1 post December interview, which I have not yet attended. I had great letters, extra-curriculars, PS, and interviews (or so I thought) but I strongly believe I wasn't outright accepted because of my stats.

I pray to God everyday and continue to hold onto hope that I might break through one of these days. So unless you are looking to join me on this emotional roller coaster, I would seriously contemplate your next move; whether it's extending your undergrad or masters or whatever.

I wish you the best of luck and please feel free to PM me if you have any other questions or concerns... I'd be glad to help.

hey thanks for your response rulaxin