Chance me? nervousness is arising

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

XtrasDental

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone, i am really stressing out with my aadsas app for this cycle. If anyone can chance me and tell me blunt advice about where i stand for my chance at schools, i would appreciate it.

Major: Biomedical Engineering
cGPA: 3.35
sGPA:3.3

DAT: 24 AA, 25 TS, 24 PAT, 19 RC

ECs: 110 Hours of shadowing, 530 hours of ECs such as volunteering and organizations, 255 hours of research (2 projects, one abstract accepted into symposium), part time job throughout college career (1000+ hours)

The schools I have applied to are: Boston University, Rutgers, Columbia, Uconn, University of Maryland, UPenn, University of New England.

I am an NY resident if that helps.

Please any advice and input is appreciated! HELP GUISE
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
He has UNE but not touro. He has Boston but not NYU. I'm questioning his NY residency lol....

Agreed. Boston and NYU have similar tuition prices and NYU has a great dental program, and that's not just alma mater bias talking. Stony Brook would love you, OP.
 
Why on earth have you not applied to Stony or Buffalo yet? Am I missing something here?

Stony Brook I heard is very picky with GPA so i saved the money, they have like a 100$ app fee. I can still add i might. Thank you 🙂
 
Agreed. Boston and NYU have similar tuition prices and NYU has a great dental program, and that's not just alma mater bias talking. Stony Brook would love you, OP.

Touro is very new so I did not want to take a risk on a new school, and NYU has 365 students per class year! too many, i fear the clinical won't be as satisfying. The student to faculty ratio would be insane
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My mistake, I though BUs class size was larger. I still don't understand why OP made this thread though. He knows he has great stats, all I can see is an ego stroke.
 
Stony Brook I heard is very picky with GPA so i saved the money, they have like a 100$ app fee. I can still add i might. Thank you 🙂

Your RC is fantastic, not low at all. I do recommend you to spend the extra few hundred bucks for the state schools (stony, ect, even nyu). It will be a hell of a lot more costly to reapply.
 
Touro is very new so I did not want to take a risk on a new school, and NYU has 365 students per class year! too many, i fear the clinical won't be as satisfying. The student to faculty ratio would be insane

NYU is fine, just very costly. If you're a go getter (ie: not the average lazy dental student) you will gain alot of experience from the school. Otherwise it is pretty average in its clinical strength. I graduated from NYU but completed a GPR to boost my clinical skills.
 
It's a mistake to not apply to your TWO state schools. There's nothing you have to lose except the supplemental fee. You could end up saving so much money.