CHANCE ME PLEASE!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.dentist.dds

Aspiring dentist
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
free

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
probably won't get in anywhere. retake the DAT

doesnt matter the other numbers, it is always the DAT and GPA.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!! What are some schools you would say? I’m thinking USC, BU, Tufts, NYU. What are your thoughts?
you are going to need to apply to more than that
what is your state of residency?

What did you get on the other parts of the DAT? I think you definitely have a chance to get into at least a private school. Remember that dental school admission is viewed holistically so it is not just your DAT and GPA that matters. Just make sure the schools you are applying to don't have DAT cut-offs for the OCHEM section.

sorry! BU, usc, tufts, NYU, buffalo, vcu, LECOM, asdoh, case, Indiana, Creighton, Roseman, UNE, midwestern
are you applying this cycle or next?
you have a previous post where you said next...

Hmm okay. I’ve talked to a lot of schools and they said one 16 is fine as long as the other scores are above. Is this not factual?

do you realize the person who answers the call at the office is probably some undergrad student or near min wage worker who does not even know what is going on?

their main goal is to encourage applications and they can always say no and collect your fee to fund the fancy lunch they feed other interviewees.

You should take the DAT again, that is the only thing holding you back or even if you get in, it is going to be a long shot and it is at the 600k school like USC, NYU that ppl cringe at now.

Reactions: 2 users
do you realize the person who answers the call at the office is probably some undergrad student or near min wage worker who does not even know what is going on?

their main goal is to encourage applications and they can always say no and collect your fee to fund the fancy lunch they feed other interviewees.

You should take the DAT again, that is the only thing holding you back or even if you get in, it is going to be a long shot and it is at the 600k school like USC, NYU that ppl cringe at now.
alright thank you!

Your DAT AA 19 PAT 19 is acceptable but I'd expect late action on your application if things stand. Sure, one score below 17 won't be disqualifying, but there are enough applicants who have 20's across all sections that your DAT scores are not going to help you. Hopefully there's something else in your personal journey and background that might be interesting.

I always tell applicants to connect with ASDA and SNDA chapter officers, and you should make those connections.

Your DAT AA 19 PAT 19 is acceptable but I'd expect late action on your application if things stand. Sure, one score below 17 won't be disqualifying, but there are enough applicants who have 20's across all sections that your DAT scores are not going to help you. Hopefully there's something else in your personal journey and background that might be interesting.

I always tell applicants to connect with ASDA and SNDA chapter officers, and you should make those connections.
Thank you! How can those students help in admission? Also is there any way I can send you a private message. Another question I have is if an admission counselor for a dnetal school said I would be fine for that school, can I just take their word for it? Thanks again!

Thank you! How can those students help in admission? Also is there any way I can send you a private message. Another question I have is if an admission counselor for a dnetal school said I would be fine for that school, can I just take their word for it? Thanks again!
Both ASDA and SNDA are active in trying to reach out to predental students, including webinars and applicant resources over the pandemic year. Both usually host open houses at their respective schools.

Those of us who are admissions counselors but do not have any decision-making role can only give you our impressions based on history. If you remind them or other faculty of another student they admitted who was successful, that can often be a good sign. That said, you can never take any assurance spoken to you as a guarantee because no one can predict how an admissions committee will make a decision (except perhaps the chair of the admissions committee or the designated admissions dean or director).

Both ASDA and SNDA are active in trying to reach out to predental students, including webinars and applicant resources over the pandemic year. Both usually host open houses at their respective schools.

Those of us who are admissions counselors but do not have any decision-making role can only give you our impressions based on history. If you remind them or other faculty of another student they admitted who was successful, that can often be a good sign. That said, you can never take any assurance spoken to you as a guarantee because no one can predict how an admissions committee will make a decision (except perhaps the chair of the admissions committee or the designated admissions dean or director).
Oh ok, even if he’s on the admissions committee?

You would dare not call a faculty member serving on admissions committee as a "counselor".

A committee can go against the best metrics for the oddest reasons.
so are you saying that the person probably doesn't have much say?

so are you saying that the person probably doesn't have much say?
He may be compelled to recuse himself depending on how he knows you or saw your pending application.

My point is you called him an admissions counselor, not an admissions committee faculty member. These are different and it's not right to misrepresent anyone's roles.