Chance me please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yellowberry07

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took my DAT today and am very disappointed with my scores :( I studied for 2 months straight but still did horrible. My GPA is a 3.2, however, I did a post-bac and got a 3.7 GPA. My scores are:

PA 20
QR 14:eek:
RC 18
Bio 18
GC 18
OC 18
TS 18
AA 17:thumbdown:

I am extremely worried about my QR section b/c it's below the cutoff:scared:. I've already applied to 16 schools whom have all received my application, but is waiting on my scores. If I retake it, it won't be until October which is really late. What are my chance and if I retake would it be way too late?

Members don't see this ad.

Your GPA is average, and the graduate GPA will help, so no worries there. However, your AA is slightly below average and your QR score might miss many cutoffs. I'm sorry to say, but I think a retake is in your future. Keep your head up though, we've all been there! :)

You might want to try pre-dental section for this thread, but it depends on where you are applying. Your stats are definitely below the national average of dental students.