Chance Me Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nostalgiaultra

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Third year in college.
PharmCAS GPA: 2.7, upward trend. Basically 2 bad semesters screwed me over, otherwise I'd have a solid GPA.
Experience: 3 years as a Senior Pharmacy Technician.
References: Two from my pharmacists at work and 1 from my organic chemistry professor.
PCAT Composite: took twice, got a 39 both times (RC and Quantitative sections are killer) :dead:
Applied to the following: Drake, Creighton, Manchester, South Dakota State, Chicago State, Rosalind Franklin, Kansas, Arkansas.

Been rejected from: Southern Illinois, and Midwestern IL.

Any chances of me getting accepted at any of those schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Third year in college.
PharmCAS GPA: 2.7, upward trend. Basically 2 bad semesters screwed me over, otherwise I'd have a solid GPA.
References: Two from my pharmacists at work and 1 from my organic chemistry professor.
PCAT Composite: took twice, got a 39 both times (RC and Quantitative sections are killer) :dead:
Applied to the following: Drake, Creighton, Manchester, South Dakota State, Chicago State, Rosalind Franklin, Kansas, Arkansas.

Without a serious upgrade at your PCAT, most likely not

Third year in college.

You will definitely get a chance at some of the newer programs in SoCal. They can be expensive, but the newer programs have to be more generous with their admissions policies until the become established. Also, most Cali schools don't require PCAT

Members don't see this ad :)
You will definitely get a chance at some of the newer programs in SoCal. They can be expensive, but the newer programs have to be more generous with their admissions policies until the become established. Also, most Cali schools don't require PCAT
I've got 2 interviews with IL schools coming this february. Does this mean I actually have a good chance at being accepted if I make it to the interviews and don't completely bomb them?

I've got 2 interviews with IL schools coming this february. Does this mean I actually have a good chance at being accepted if I make it to the interviews and don't completely bomb them?

Not the guy you quoted, but yes you do have a good chance at acceptance.

Your GPA is bad. You need a strong PCAT to make up for it but your PCAT is even worse...

I'm applying this coming fall. Chicago State University is so close to home that I was considering it until I saw that they have almost no budget left: look here and look here. It's a shame. Just wanted to share this with you.

Most of the people that I know that got into SIUE had a PCAT of 60-70. Same with Rosalind Franklin so I would make sure I had a really good interview and think of some strengths to play up (like your job experience). I think CSU's average PCAT is about 5-10 points lower than the other two schools.

Reactions: 1 user