Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all- first time applicant and terrified. I graduated May 2015 and got a job as an MA part time. I took 4 classes post bac and have transitioned into being an MA full time in the last month, so I have roughly ~800 direct patient care hours. Before that, I was a medical scribe for 2 years (10 hours a week).
Some stats:
-Cumulative GPA is 3.2 and my science GPA is about 3.1 (don't know exactly, but it is low because I bombed organic chem)
-Marketing and sales major with biology minor, studied international marketing abroad in Paris for a summer
-Past work experience, as stated above but repeating just in case: about 1 year as an MA in dermatology (still accruing hours), 2 years scribing in the ER and pediatrics, also worked as a piano teacher for about 2 years and customer service at Walgreen's for 1 year
-I also have 500+ volunteer hours which include a mission trip to Honduras, teaching English in Italy, working in a children's hospital, teaching personal finance to HS kids.
-4 months of shadowing at a prestigious hospital in pediatric surgery
-Completed 2 research projects (1 clinical and 1 in physics)
-Was involved in numerous student organizations and have held leadership positions as VP, secretary and treasurer in these
-I have a letter from a PA, an MD and 3 professors
-have not taken the GRE yet but I'm working on it
-have written a strong personal statement in my opinion
- TX resident, female, 24 y/o, Iranian (considered white by the government)
I know my grades aren't the best and I already took a gap year to take more science classes and get more healthcare experience. Would any schools interview or even accept me?
Some stats:
-Cumulative GPA is 3.2 and my science GPA is about 3.1 (don't know exactly, but it is low because I bombed organic chem)
-Marketing and sales major with biology minor, studied international marketing abroad in Paris for a summer
-Past work experience, as stated above but repeating just in case: about 1 year as an MA in dermatology (still accruing hours), 2 years scribing in the ER and pediatrics, also worked as a piano teacher for about 2 years and customer service at Walgreen's for 1 year
-I also have 500+ volunteer hours which include a mission trip to Honduras, teaching English in Italy, working in a children's hospital, teaching personal finance to HS kids.
-4 months of shadowing at a prestigious hospital in pediatric surgery
-Completed 2 research projects (1 clinical and 1 in physics)
-Was involved in numerous student organizations and have held leadership positions as VP, secretary and treasurer in these
-I have a letter from a PA, an MD and 3 professors
-have not taken the GRE yet but I'm working on it
-have written a strong personal statement in my opinion
- TX resident, female, 24 y/o, Iranian (considered white by the government)
I know my grades aren't the best and I already took a gap year to take more science classes and get more healthcare experience. Would any schools interview or even accept me?