Chance me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PERSIANPAPA

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Had one interview last cycle at my state dental school and was wait-listed. Was told to bring up my DAT and volunteer more in the dental community. Other then that they said my GPA was not a problem since I took a heavy load every semester consisting of 17 CH's with 3-4 Science courses and 2 labs every semester. Took every Science class my school offered.

Old DAT score: 18AA, 17 TS, 17 BIO, 19 GC, 15 OC, 17 RC, 20 QR, 14 PAT

Reapplicant- Things I've done since last application cycle: Significantly brought up my DAT scores, worked as a volunteer dental assistant, volunteered across the state in multiple dental volunteer events, went to my state's pre-simulation course, won my state's marathon (27,000 attendee runners) 3 days after taking my DAT, etc
Current stats-
GPA: 3.09
DAT: 21AA, 22TS, 23 BIO, 21 GC, 20 OC, 23 RC, 20 QR, 20 PAT
Over 200 shadowing hours
Over 1000 volunteer hours (VA hospital, dental events serving those who don't have access to dental care, and as a dental assistant.)
Over 300 hours as a dental assistant
Excellent LOR's
Excellent PS
Good extracurricular's: Over 2500 hours worth of cross country and track practice
Good honors: Recipient of academic and athletic scholarships, Marathon Olympic Trials Qualifier, USA Junior Olympic Cross Country team member, 10x All-American, 3x National Champion, etc

Submitted my application on 6/8 and had all my supplementary apps in no later than early July.
Applied to: OU (IS), Creighton, Marquette, Temple, Meharry, UCLA, Pacific, Columbia, Harvard, UPENN, USC, Louisville, and Harvard lol

I am looking for any comments or feedback, whether positive or negative! I really worked hard this past year in improving my application and I hope to get in somewhere this cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, very nice improvement on your DAT! Honestly your entire application looks well rounded. If I were you, I would add a couple more fit/safety schools. You have a lot of very competitive programs, so adding a few more schools might help :)

Reactions: 1 user
Wow, very nice improvement on your DAT! Honestly your entire application looks well rounded. If I were you, I would add a couple more fit/safety schools. You have a lot of very competitive programs, so adding a few more schools might help :)
Thanks for the quick response! Been seeing you all over the forums with so many interviews haha. What programs do you think I should add to my list?

Members don't see this ad :)
Excellent work! You are a very strong applicant. It does look like you are very top heavy, add a couple schools that have an AA of 20/ high 19 such as BU, Indiana

Excellent work! You are a very strong applicant. It does look like you are very top heavy, add a couple schools that have an AA of 20/ high 19 such as BU, Indiana
Thank you so much! I'm assuming those are private schools?

I think I remember someone saying Harvard has a GPA cut off of 3.75 or sth. Maybe you should check that. Besides that, nice ECs and DAT man good luck applying