May 4, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Had one interview last cycle at my state dental school and was wait-listed. Was told to bring up my DAT and volunteer more in the dental community. Other then that they said my GPA was not a problem since I took a heavy load every semester consisting of 17 CH's with 3-4 Science courses and 2 labs every semester. Took every Science class my school offered.

Old DAT score: 18AA, 17 TS, 17 BIO, 19 GC, 15 OC, 17 RC, 20 QR, 14 PAT

Reapplicant- Things I've done since last application cycle: Significantly brought up my DAT scores, worked as a volunteer dental assistant, volunteered across the state in multiple dental volunteer events, went to my state's pre-simulation course, won my state's marathon (27,000 attendee runners) 3 days after taking my DAT, etc
Current stats-
GPA: 3.09
DAT: 21AA, 22TS, 23 BIO, 21 GC, 20 OC, 23 RC, 20 QR, 20 PAT
Over 200 shadowing hours
Over 1000 volunteer hours (VA hospital, dental events serving those who don't have access to dental care, and as a dental assistant.)
Over 300 hours as a dental assistant
Excellent LOR's
Excellent PS
Good extracurricular's: Over 2500 hours worth of cross country and track practice
Good honors: Recipient of academic and athletic scholarships, Marathon Olympic Trials Qualifier, USA Junior Olympic Cross Country team member, 10x All-American, 3x National Champion, etc

Submitted my application on 6/8 and had all my supplementary apps in no later than early July.
Applied to: OU (IS), Creighton, Marquette, Temple, Meharry, UCLA, Pacific, Columbia, Harvard, UPENN, USC, Louisville, and Harvard lol

I am looking for any comments or feedback, whether positive or negative! I really worked hard this past year in improving my application and I hope to get in somewhere this cycle.

Life of Pablo

Hola
5+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Wow, very nice improvement on your DAT! Honestly your entire application looks well rounded. If I were you, I would add a couple more fit/safety schools. You have a lot of very competitive programs, so adding a few more schools might help :)

Reactions: 1 user
May 4, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Wow, very nice improvement on your DAT! Honestly your entire application looks well rounded. If I were you, I would add a couple more fit/safety schools. You have a lot of very competitive programs, so adding a few more schools might help :)
Thanks for the quick response! Been seeing you all over the forums with so many interviews haha. What programs do you think I should add to my list?

About the Ads
S

Spliced

Excellent work! You are a very strong applicant. It does look like you are very top heavy, add a couple schools that have an AA of 20/ high 19 such as BU, Indiana

May 4, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Excellent work! You are a very strong applicant. It does look like you are very top heavy, add a couple schools that have an AA of 20/ high 19 such as BU, Indiana
Thank you so much! I'm assuming those are private schools?

dhy01265

2+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I think I remember someone saying Harvard has a GPA cut off of 3.75 or sth. Maybe you should check that. Besides that, nice ECs and DAT man good luck applying

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads