Chance me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

childlife1104

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am a Canadian applicant. I just finished 3rd year biology. I was wondering what my chances are.
cGPA- 3.654
BCP GPA- 3.69.

Canadian DAT-
TS- 18
AA-18
PAT-20
RC-18

I have quite a bit of EC.
About 600 hours of shadowing, member of various clubs, help the heart and stroke foundation. Play music. Have my own band.

I am planning to apply to the Canadian friendly schools. What do you guys think?
thank you for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

You're in a tough spot, while your GPA is quite decent your DAT is lacking a lot. I think if you're lucky, you get around 1-3 interview and you then would have to really kill the interview in order to get in. I would recommend retake the DAT to improve your chance.

Thanks sonny. Have you applied? I might plant on rewriting the DAT but I'm not sure yet.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Canadians have it extra tough and your stats are extra low even if you were applying as a U.S. citizen. Uphill battle if you ask me.

Write the American DAT. IMHO it's easier. Study hard and consistently for it and aim for 20+. Your GPA and ECs are more than enough to get you into good schools. Good luck.

Retake the DAT sometime this summer

I am booked solid this summer with work since I need to pay for the application fees. I will be rewriting the Nov Canadian DAT if I can.

Do you guys think I will get an interview somewhere with those stats though?

I am booked solid this summer with work since I need to pay for the application fees. I will be rewriting the Nov Canadian DAT if I can.

Do you guys think I will get an interview somewhere with those stats though?

By writing the November DAT you are seriously hurting your chances of getting interviews. The results won't come out until December, then you need to have the CDA send the scores directly to the schools you've applied to yourself. The schools may hold onto your application given that you have future DAT scores coming (you'd denote this in your application), but once they receive them first round acceptances are already out.

Write the American DAT in the summer. Pilfer, borrow, beg money from other sources to pay for the application fees. Apply smartly (slim down your list of schools) to ease the financial burden.