chance me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neuro nephrons

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

I was wondering if I could get some input on my chances. I am a senior at a small liberal arts college in new england. I am still contemplating if I am applying in the 2013 cycle. I have yet to take the MCAT, but I have started studying, plan on studying during the spring semester and will also study for 1-2 months when the summer roles around. Here are my stats

Overall GPA- 3.93
non science 3.9
BCPM 3.97

My ECs include writing tutor (4 years), biology tutor(3 years), president of my school's pre-health society (lots of leadership here, 3 years), 1 year as a lab assistant to a professor in the chemistry department, 3 years as a peer mentor to incoming freshmen. One summer as a volunteer EMT-B for a local fire department (300 hours) and some good patient contact/life experience. 600 hours as an EMT for my school. Couple of scholarships and the CRC chemistry award. I am currently working on my senior thesis which I will likely get a poster presentation out of.....I have about 100 hours of shadowing in neuro/IM.

Thanks !

Members don't see this ad.

C'mon...why on Earth would you think you couldn't get in with stratospeheric numbers like that?? Time to work on your self-esteem.

hey guys,

I was wondering if I could get some input on my chances. I am a senior at a small liberal arts college in new england. I am still contemplating if I am applying in the 2013 cycle. I have yet to take the MCAT, but I have started studying, plan on studying during the spring semester and will also study for 1-2 months when the summer roles around. Here are my stats

Overall GPA- 3.93
non science 3.9
BCPM 3.97

My ECs include writing tutor (4 years), biology tutor(3 years), president of my school's pre-health society (lots of leadership here, 3 years), 1 year as a lab assistant to a professor in the chemistry department, 3 years as a peer mentor to incoming freshmen. One summer as a volunteer EMT-B for a local fire department (300 hours) and some good patient contact/life experience. 600 hours as an EMT for my school. Couple of scholarships and the CRC chemistry award. I am currently working on my senior thesis which I will likely get a poster presentation out of.....I have about 100 hours of shadowing in neuro/IM.

Thanks !

No MCAT = no chances.

Study hard and report back when you rock it!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys,

Overall GPA- 3.93
non science 3.9
BCPM 3.97

Thanks !
Chances are excellent based on what you've got so far.

It all comes to the MCAT. It certainly is a beast and you can't afford anything less than a 31 spread evenly so that you maximize your chances of gaining acceptance to a good medical school.

But chances currently look good.

MCAT or no one can tell you how it will end up for you, aim high!