Chance thread - the UK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mestielest

an old mind
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! My previous history is somewhat clear from my older posts. I want to make a review:

Born in 1986. Graduated from Med School in 2010. Worked as a rural practitioner for 4 months. Urology residency between 2011 and 2016. Consultant urologist in the state hospitals between 2016 and 2019, and in a private hospital since January of 2019. I'm a Ph.D. Candidate in Physiology (thought to be a graduate in the autumn of 2020). Have the FEBU title. I am also in an assistant prof position in a private university now.

Previous papers: Özer Ural Çakıcı - Google Scholar Citations

IELTS Academic (R: 8, L: 8.5, S: 7.5, W: 7)
I am going to sit in the PLAB 1 on the 12th of March 2020.

I'm working on obtaining the GMC Registration via the PLAB route. Then, I will try to get into the urology pathway via the RCS pathway. However, I am also considering my chances to work as a GP or an internist.

What are my chances to find a, initially, non-training post and then progress to the training in GP, IM, or Pediatrics pathways? What is my chance to get into a urology training post if I can pass the RCS-Urol exams?

Your views are very valuable, thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.