Chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anhvu12

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
After consolidating my list of DO schools thanks to the wonderful SDN people, I wanted to get some final input on what you all think of my chances of getting in. I'll be applying to strictly DO schools, including a majority of the newer schools. I didn't want to make this into another school list thread, so I'm not including them for now unless people want to see the list.

1. cGPA: 3.35, sGPA: 3.17 (My last quarter at Davis really dropped my GPA, but it was due to family and personal issues if that matters. This past year I took Anatomy and Physiology series and obtained an A in both, but since it was only 1 class, I'm not even sure if that counts as a rising trend.)
  2. 511 (129, 126, 127, 129)
  3. CA
  4. Asian
  5. UC Davis
  6. Experience (volunteer and non-volunteer)
1.5 years as a Research Assistant in the Markers of Autism Risk in Babies, Learning Early Signs (MARBLES) Study at UC Davis (about 600 hours)

1 years as a Research Assistant in the Social Neuroscience and Affective Processing (SNAP) lab at UC Davis (about 400 hours)

1.5 years I volunteered as a counseling assistant at Woodland Prairie Elementary School where I worked with under privileged and trouble children (about 600 hours)

2+ years as a medical scribe working at a Tier II trauma, stroke and cardiac center emergency department (about 2200 hours so far) and currently working here still

Anatomy, Physiology and Organic Chemistry Tutor

Also, planning to start volunteering in hospice care within the next month

7. Part of scribe leadership at the ED and was a trainer for both my labs.

Thanks for taking the time to look this over, I know a lot of other people are asking as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: