1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Chance

Discussion in 'Clinicians [ RN / NP / PA ]' started by JSTAR04, Jul 29, 2011.

1. JSTAR04

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    3.52 gpa 3.0sgpa 23 credits for the cheapest private nursing school on long island. Molloy College what are my chances of getting in?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Narnian

Narnian Waiting for Aslan
    2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Most schools do not consider "School" as health care experience or patient care experience. Most want it to be paid direct patient care with a certificate or license. (RN, PT, CNA, EMT, RT) They will also grill you on why you did not finish nursing school. That will be the one question every one at every school will want to know. Some schools may take low health care experience but unfortunately they also ask for more upper level prereqs and higher GPA standards. The other schools that accept lower GPA require excessive amounts of quality direct patient care experience. You are stuck right in the middle. Either finish nursing school, or get your CNA and get experience, or go back to school and take Bio, Chem, Physics, Organic etc. and rock the Science GPA and Prereqs for the schools that do not require experience.

4. JSTAR04

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    im taking pre reqs ive never been to nursing school i want to get into one.

5. Narnian

Narnian Waiting for Aslan
    2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I misunderstood your post then. I assumed you had 23 credits of nursing school and was wondering about getting in to PA school. I think if you get healthcare experience it may help your chances. I know the nursing school here is a ranking system. You get so many points for classes and pre-reqs and the NET (Nurse Entrance Test) gives you a lot of points. I think HCE gives you one point but it has to be certificate or license (CNA, EMT, PT). I think if you rock the rest of your pre-reqs and rock the NET you have a good shot.