Chance..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fckinfcker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do I have a chance?

3.4 cGPA
3.3 sGPA (BCP is lower)

DAT 23/23/24.

~200 hrs shadowing/volunteering
research

Any recommendations as to how many schools I should apply to and which schools? (I am MD resident).

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Should be ok with that kind of DAT, aim for 5-8 school cause more just mean waste of time and especially MONEY. Apply to many schools ain't cheap

aim for 5-8 school cause more just mean waste of time and especially MONEY. Apply to many schools ain't cheap

I disagree with this.

The OP DAT is really good but sGPA, GPA is about average and lower.
OP should apply to ~12+ schools. Each school is going to cost $75 + school fee = ~$150.

Dont save $150 and then have to wait another year. Waiting for another year costs you much more than $150.

Apply in June, 12+ school to be safe. Get ready for interviews.
Good luck with your app... :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I disagree with this.

The OP DAT is really good but sGPA, GPA is about average and lower.
OP should apply to ~12+ schools. Each school is going to cost $75 + school fee = ~$150.

Dont save $150 and then have to wait another year. Waiting for another year costs you much more than $150.

Apply in June, 12+ school to be safe. Get ready for interviews.
Good luck with your app... :xf:

Agree with Wizi... apply to more now and reap the rewards later!!

My GPA, sGPA and DAT scores were almost exactly the same as yours. I applied to 10 schools (BU, Tufts, Creighton, NYU, LSU, LECOM, Temple, UPenn, UCSF, UMDNJ), got 6 interview invitations, attended 5 interviews, got 2 acceptances and 1 waitlist. I'm going to Tufts next year.

You have pretty decent shadowing/volunteering and research. As long as you have a great personal statement, good letters of rec, and applying wisely, then there is no reason you need to apply to more than 10 schools. Honestly, looking back at it, all of the schools that I didn't interview at, I really had no business applying to and could have saved my money. There was a very slim chance based upon their stats/OOS friendliness that they'd pick me up. Use the AADSAS book to pick schools that you have a shot at and would actually attend if accepted. Save your money for flights and hotels to interviews.

My gpa is really close to yours! I have no taken the DAT yet so I figured I would ask some one with a simular gpa and shadowing how did you study for it? You killed it! PM me with details would be awesome

You'll land a few interviews and if you do well, you'll be fine! I would apply to a few more schools just to be safe. Make sure to check out the 'which schools to apply to section' on this forum...it's a sticky thread. With a DAT like that I wouldn't spend another second worrying about your GPA.

Thank you so much everyone for their input and encouragements. I am deciding whether I should do a masters or not, just in case I don't get in anywhere... Any thoughts on this?

And I understand that I should apply more to be safe.. and I think picking the right schools to apply to is extremely crucial. Do you guys know any schools in particular that are OOS friendly/puts more weight on DAT compared to GPA?

Thanks.

Again, you'd be doing yourself a huge favor by checking out the sticky thread called 'what schools should I apply to'. It narrows down the schools you'll have the best shots at. Good luck. Don't do a masters unless you are really interested in it - it's a waste of time.

Good thinking..
g.gif

Last edited:
I cant believe no one commented on his username yet.