Chancellor's List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmDNC

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone out there has heard or recieved a nomination for the "Chancellor's List"? I got this letter in the mail stating I have been nominated for this list based on my graduate academic success and it states its the "highest honor to which graduate students can aspire" It just wants me to fill out my biographical information and send it back to them in order for my "stats" to be published in a journals which will be given to universities, libraries, etc.

I have never heard of this before and at then end of the letter they state I may want to purchase this journal to view myself, although I am not obligated to do so.

Just looking for some clarification on this.

Thanks!!

Go Tar Heels!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

i have never heard of it....

here they just do rho chi...

could it be one of those whose who things??

I got something in the mail similar called the national deans list and you could get a plaque or something...(if you sent them cash)
I think it is a FOR PROFIT thing (for them not us :thumbdown: )

Members don't see this ad :)
It sounds like one of those "Who's Who" books. Does anyone actually read them or care who's in them?

Yeah this is all what I kind of thought already and figured they would be all over me for some $$$ eventually. Little do they know my money isnt even good, it belongs to Mr Lender.

skp said:
I got something in the mail similar called the national deans list and you could get a plaque or something...(if you sent them cash)
I think it is a FOR PROFIT thing (for them not us :thumbdown: )

skp, I got the same garbage in the mail from the national deans list. I simply got rid of it. :D

Asor said:
skp, I got the same garbage in the mail from the national deans list. I simply got rid of it. :D

Ditto. Just another one of those gimmicks. :)

our school has a chancellor's list, but that is list of the top 5% (or top 15%) of the class.

If the paper isn't from your school, it is probably going to ask you for some money.

Asor said:

we're smart...s-m-r-t